From: Ben517
Sent: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 7:11:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1001 517TH PRCT-OCTOBER 28, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205
From the web site

Helen Beddow

Hello everyone,

For all you who ordered extra 517th shirts, money clips, clocks and pictures........I had a major "slow-down" in my life.  The week that I was to place all the orders, I got sick, and on Sept. 29th, I had surgery.  I actually thought that I would be up and running again in one week, but that didn't happen.  It was 3 1/2 weeks of recuperation, and while I am not going full speed yet, I am definitely on my way of getting there.  This is truly a test of patience.

I have just placed all of your orders, and my suppliers tell me that I should have everything in 4 weeks, and possibly have them in 3 weeks.  I apologize for having the delay, and I hope that you understand that I didn't mean for the order to be placed so late.

The pictures will be done before all of the other items since my photographer is local.  I should have those in about 2 weeks.  If you have ordered other items as well as the pictures, I will send everything at one time.

I have ordered extra money clips and clocks in the event anyone else wanted these items.  Just let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for your patience.

Helen

Boom Boom Alicki

Hello Ben.  Hope all is well with your family. Presently at this end all is well and grateful for it.

Sorry ole trooper but I did not send the email.

Keep up the excellent work.  Bob and you will be well remembered for your exceptional contribution in keeping us passing and new generation informed.

Boom Boom

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Gail Jeff Douglas:
Dear Gail, Thanks for your response. I would like a copy of the tape. Herb and I had a good time making it..
In the mid 1950s when Tommy Thompson and I were in the Pentagon we often talked about Woody Woodhull at lunch. At one time, Tommy mentioned that he had been in touch with a member of Woody's family. It must have been his sister. Herb knew a lot about Woody and his family.  that his only relative was his sister-- that they inherited and owned a family business together. When Tommy told Woody's sister that he deserved all the decorations he had received, she said, "What decorations." I told Tommy that I had plenty of first hand information on which he could base an award, but he and the 460th took it from there. On page 252 of the Paratroopers? Odyssey you will find Capt. Robert P. Woodhull's name under the heading of Bronze Star. I am happy to know that Tommy did contact her and that he was successful in getting the award. It was more difficult for someone in the 460th to get an award than it was for the infantrymen. Your father and Woody, however, were right along with us in patrols and attacks. The brass also seemed to get their share. There were many things done that deserved decorations known only to those that did them and to others who were too busy fighting the war to write them up.
As far as I know, your father was always with the 460th. He probably was with Hq. Company of the 460th. There is a possibility that he may have transferred from Hq. 1st Battalion of the 517th to the artillery. If that did happen, I was not aware of it.
We share your loss, Howard Hensleigh
Scott Atkinson
I would like to get maps and an itinerary for visiting Italy and France locations where the 517th served.  I am trying to play a trip over there next summer and would like to visit many of the sites.

Scott

Gail Jeff Douglas

Ben --

I received your forwarded message from Frederic from Nice.  I wasn't sure if the Zeades.com address was the best contact for him.  Please feel free to notify him that he can contact me by email at gaildoug@bellsouth.net

Thank you,
Gail Jeff Douglas