From: Ben517
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:51 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1006 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 8, 2005
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Please let us know if you are able to hear or view the audios or videos by Dick Seitz and Eric Anderson.. Most should be able to hear the audios. You may be able to get them on Internet Explore. Give the videos time to download.

I've just read "Soldat" by Siegfried Knoppe, It offers a unique inside look at the German side of World War 11. The training and  the echelon of command was not unlike ours. Officers, especially ninety day wonders, should enjoy this book. Siegfried Knoppe was living in Ohio when he wrote this book..

(William) Herbert Ford, H Company
Savannah 2005 Reunion photos  Sent to us by Morris McDowell
Lt. Gen. Dick Seitz at the Savannah, GA 517th Reunion
Eric E. Anderson video bio

audio (wma format)
video (Quicktime .mov format - large file: 16 Mb)

recorded by Lance Anderson

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 3420

Here are a couple of the many  photos Savannah 2005 Reunion photos sent to us by Morris  McDowell.
     Dick Seitz             Bill Boyle                Marty Donahoo      Lud Gibbons

Bob Christie

Ben, Today I received a call from Beatrice Stanchina, Larry's widow. She asked to be put on the Thunderbolt mailing list. I double checked and found that Larry wasn't on the roster. Her address is:4650 McKinley Rd.
                Mio, Mi 48647
I guess quite a few have received the 3rd.Qtr.Thunderbolt, but not I. I am getting the 4th.Quarter ready, to be out in December. This 3rd.Qtr.issue was a month late. Don't ask me why, I don't understand why Larry Stanchina wasn't on the mailing list.  Bob
Kent Immerfall

Does anyone who served in the 517th have any names or addresses of family members for Richard Henry?  My Mom told me last night that she thought Richard had written a few things about being assigned to Lt. Floyd Stott.  If I could reach one of Richard's family members maybe they would still have some of those documents.  My Mom thought Richard was an only child so it will possibly have to be the family of an aunt or uncle.  Thank you, on behalf of Floyd's sister, Darleen (Stott) Beardsley, for any help.  Kenton Floyd Immerfall

June Huffman

My sympathy and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Thanks for letting us know about Bob Christi's treatments.  We must be
in prayer for him. Thanks for all you do to keep us informed and
"together".                                            June

Gene Frice

Bill,
     Hey Bill.
     Happy to hear from you and to know you will go ahead on the Palm Springs gathering. I know you were concerned about possible conflict between the Savannah (August05), Florida (January06), and the national forthcoming Portland (July06) reunion-all occurring over a relatively short period. Your event has always been well attended. The Palm Springs diehards and locals will certainly be there-including the Frice clan.
     I would recommend you send the dates to Ben again and for repeated publishing in his email program.
     Gene Frice
Dick Seitz sent us this about Eric Anderson