From: Ben517
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:09 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1007 517TH PRCT-NOVEMBER 9, 2005
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Kudos to Lance Anderson for the audios and videos and Morris McDowell for the reunion pictures. Bob and I are just the messengers.

(William) Herbert Ford, H Company
Savannah 2005 Reunion photos  Sent to us by Morris McDowell
Lt. Gen. Dick Seitz at the Savannah, GA 517th Reunion

audio (wma format)
 video (Quicktime .mov format - large file: 16 Mb)

recorded by Lance Anderson

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 3420

Here are a couple of the many  photos Savannah 2005 Reunion photos sent to us by Morris  McDowell. These are our Belgian and French friends. Go to the above  link on our website and click on the thumbnail to view larger photos.

Arnold & Irma Targnion

Arnold  Robert Cohen Roland & Patricia Orengo

Jim Jennis & Mary Cross

Hi Ben...

The audio and video are great! Mary and I enjoyed Gen. Seitz address all
over again!

Take care and God Bless...

Jim Jennis & Mary Cross

Bob & Garnet Dalrymple

Ben, I sure enjoyed the pics of the Reunion : came through very clear .Have not tried the audios yet. For Bob C : Splendid T-Bolt . Many thanks. Our prayers continue. Bob and Garnet Dalrymple.

Jim Mortensen

Hi Ben

I had to miss the banquet in Savannah so I really did appreciate viewing the
video of Dick delivering a terrific speech. Thanks to all concerned!

Jim Mortensen
HQ 460

Richard Wheeler

From: Richard H. Wheeler, 460th B Btry FA Bn
 New email address: airbornekd@earthlink.net

We will be out of town beginning 12Nov2005 until 30Nov2005.

The Mail Calls are excellent!

Richard Wheeler
 Boom Boom Alicki

Patriotism

He serves his country best
Who lives pure life and does righteous deed,
And walks straight paths however others stray,
And leaves his sons, as uttermost bequest,
A stainless record which all men may read;
This is the better way.

 No drop but serves the slowly lifting tide;
 No dew but has an errand to some flower;
 No smallest star but sheds some helpful ray.
 And man by man, each helping all the rest,
 Make the firm bulwark of the country's power,
 There is no better way.

Susan Coolidge

Bobbi Jo Spencer

Hi Ben!

I, Bobbi Jo Spencer (Dick Spencer's eldest 1944 baby) would like to donate my father's uniform.

Would you please send me the email of that Greg Statler fellow? Do you have any guidelines as to the value that people put on them? Thanks! BJ

Jim Lathers

Yo Ben,

Yes the Seitz audio came thru loud and clear and was impressive for being an off the cuff trip down memory lane. Certainly proves the light is still on.

My thanks to you and Morris McDowell for the reunion pictures. The one of Wild Bill instantly brought back the respect and fear I had, and still have, of that man even without the familiar facial hair, I had a strange urge to clean my rifle.

Jim  Lathers     C Company

Patricia & Roland Orengo

Hello Ben
We are able to hear and to view the video and audio report of Lance Anderson.
It is wonderful to hear again this speech.
the pictures of Morris will go in our souvenir book of this magic week with all of you.
And as you use to say :
Airborne all the way !!!!!

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Sospel, France