From: Ben517
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:23 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1020 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 4,2005
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Please notify me if you know of anyone that wishes to receive Mail Call.

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7
 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904

Gene Brissey

Ben and the Boys Plus all others. I am still soaking in sadness because we were unable to attend the reunion in Savannah. I am more sad about the reasons for not attending. Three members of our extended family passed away in late summer the most devastating being the loss of our youngest daughter's husband which continues to be most difficult for all of us. Another daughter lost her father-in-law who was very close to all of us. His brother also passed. I will not dwell on these happenings. but these and other family commitments kept us away from what must have been one of the greatest reunions. Reading about our special friends, Erma and Arnold Targnion and others makes missing the reunion linger. And missing the talk by our great friend and commander, General Seitz, adds to the sorrow of missing the reunion. I must find out how to obtain a CD of his presentation. How, has no doubt been included in a Mail Call which I will look for. To add to my distractions, I spent a few days in a hospital. No problem now, except perhaps my computer may be sick. I'm going to take it to a computer doctor in a couple weeks. In the meantime I say thanks to Ben and the outgoing officers, welcome and good luck to the incoming ones.
Gene Brissey
John Alicki

 The page Bob added to Wikipedia (free encyclopedia) was well done.

    At some later date recommend that more information be added concerning the 517th involvement in Ardennes.

   There was in the June ,05 issue of the Times Magazine business section, excellent information about Wikipedia.
Jeff Wilhoit

Jeff Wilhoit here,
I am the son of Sgt. Bill Wilhoit of A Co.
I agree with Marion  Hupman (Mail call 11/29/05). You rarely find reference to the 517th or the roll they played in the Battle of the Bulge.
Maybe we should all write the History Channel and see what we could do.
Jeff

Chester Iery

 Ben have you seen this

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WW II MOVIE STARS
Barney Hekkala

Is life really that bad after looking at this................

Entry of Dec 03, 2005 at 20:02 [EST]
Name: Michelle BeDen
Unit:
EMail: michelle4favre@ yahoo.com
How I found the 517th page: From a search engine
Comments: I was surprised to find a page like this!  My grandfather Clifford Swan was a member of the 517 and I was just doing a little research since he is a man of few words about his experience in the army. It is nice to see that people who make a difference are never forgotten.