From: Ben517
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 2:38 AM
To: PRCT517
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1027 517TH PRCT--DECEMBER 16, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

During this time in 1944 we heard about rumors that the Germans were on the offensive in the Ardennes but were not concerned. We attended a USO show and Herb Shriner Sn.  the Indiana Hoosier  was the headliner.  In a few days it all changed.

I forgot to use blind copy in No. 1026 and so you got mail addressed to over 300 members.

I will be away for the Christmas days Dec. 23 thru Dec. 30. I will be able to receive mail but may not be able to send it on another computer because of the size of my address book.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7
 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904
Walt Smith

Ben, Greetings again to you.
  While the photo entitled 'Battle of Bulge photo' was graphic in depicting tougher and colder times of field troops, it certainly was a reminder to me of my first night in Belgium.  We retired to our sleeping bags on a relatively dry evening to awaken the next morning with a snow covered sleeping bag, however not as heavy as in the photo.  Memories!
    I also checked another part of your email with the link to Bierstock's music, id est: www.beforeyougo.usThe link was gratifying in it's grateful acknowledgements in song to the WW11 clientele who are dying at the rate of 2000 per day per some tally.  Nice music!
Walt Smith Hq 1st

Jeff Wilhoit

To all the Heroes, Family and Friends,
Thank you for keeping the memory of the 517th and my Dad alive.
Merry Christmas and may God bless all of you.
Jeff Wilhoit

The 517th moving up to the Ardennes 1944