From: Ben517
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:10 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1028 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 17, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025 *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We have in this Mail Call several links to click on to get the full story. We use links whenever possible to save space and to be able to use stories which may be too long for Mail Call. Click on the link.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7
 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904

Patricia and Roland Orengo

We would like to wish you a
Merry Christmas
from Sospel to all of you.
May god bless you.
Patricia and Roland Orengo

Ray Estrella

Hello Ben, Ray Estrella here. I am the son-in-law of Elbert "Bert" Duran of "A" Company 517 PIR. Bert is in the VA hospital in Long Beach, Calif. He has prostrate cancer, and it has apparently spread to other parts of his body. He is now immobile, and spends a lot of time in bed. We hope to bring him home for the holidays, so that his Grandkids can enjoy his company. This will be the first time in many many years that he will not play Santa Claus for us. Our families prayers and best wishes go out to our extended 517 PIR family. God Bless and Take Care.--J.R. "Ray" Estrella -- LTC Frank J. Dallas Chap.#78-Special Forces Assn.
Heath Riley

Ben.
 This was sent to me by a friend who is a mom of a newly enlisted army soldier. I think it is very appropriate for the site. God Bless.
Heather
-----
Subject: Fwd: The Sands of Christmas

Bob Christie

Ben, Had my first chemo on Thursday. A 6 hour one. It was longer than usual because I felt like I was up at the North Pole freezing to death. They added some saline to reduce the effect and added two hours to the time. Am feeling fine today. The next one will be Jan. 6. Merry Christmas!!!  The flyers for the change in the Reunion site were mailed, I received one.

61 years ago in The Ardennes

Lou Holzworth

Tom Stadler

HI BEN
THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST TO SOME OF THE MEN. THE HISTORY CHANNEL WILL BE FEATURING THE 502 PIR (101ST) AT 8:00 EST SUNDAY 12/18/05.
TOM

Floyd Polk

Subject: Re: sorry

Bob, Great message from a General who is unafraid to speak his mind . Did you send it to Ben? Thanks and Happy Christmas. Lets use Christmas in every Holiday Greeting !  In A/BBL Bob Dalrymple .

This "Letter of Apology" was written by Lieutenant General Chuck Pitman, US Marine Corps, Retired:

Letter Of Apology

I don't believe that we had any media at Manhay-Ben

The 3rd Bn. killed 50 Germans  and captured 29 at Manhay Dec. 27. * More prisoners might have been taken, but the 3rd Bn. had just returned from Malmedy area where it had seen and heard of the results of the massacre of American prisoners. After Malemdy it was not easy for an SS man to surrender. -Paratroopers' Odyssey
Malmedy Massacre, go here