From: Ben517
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:06 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1031 517TH PRCT--DECEMBER 21, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I  may be able to get out one more Mail Call before going out West for Christmas. Expect to be back around Dec. 29 I will be able to receive mail but it is unlikely that I will be able to send mail Call out on another computer because of the size of my address book. Send Mail.
Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

Annual Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion 2006

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7
 Copies of Paratroopers' Odyssey can be purchased for $22.50 from Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904

Dedication of the 517 web site

This site is dedicated to all Troopers of the 517th PRCT, their families, and the brave French and Belgian Resistance Fighters who supported and fought with the 517 PRCT in WWII.

Gene Frice

Christmas 1944-2005

     On this date, many years ago, we of the 517th, had left our “rest camp” of short duration in Soisson, France, after many months in the South of France and Italy. We were headed to Belgium on short notice. The trip from Soisson to Belgium in the 40 and 8’s (box cars) is a story in itself. I know that none of us, including our commanders and strategic planners, anticipated the suffering and loss of life that awaited us. So now, after these years, we are the survivors. The true hero’s lie in their eternal resting place. God Bless them. May God Bless our family members and friends who have supported us for all these years. May God Bless America.

     To the 517th troopers and the extended family of our Auxiliary, friends, and ardent supporters:

     May all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
. Some may even desire to have “Happy Holidays.”

     During the coming year of 2006, I hope many will have the opportunity to visit our 517th gatherings:

          1.  Bradenton, Florida-January 22-25, 2006

          2.  Palm Springs-April 2-7, 2006

          3.  Portland-July 17-22, 2006

     The Portland Reunion will be held at the “Red Lion on the River,” a beautiful Columbia River island site located on the river between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver Washington. A number of exciting and interesting programs have been scheduled by your 517th Planning Committee of Troopers and the Auxiliary. Some programs are: Visiting volcanic Mt. St. Helen’s, Vancouver Army Barracks and the Hudson Bay Company Post (vintage 1862) with a military BBQ with sports events for the able, water rafting for experienced white-water and non-experience quiet water rafters, historic wineries; the Spruce Goose of Howard Hugh’s fame; and the usual tours, river trip and shopping.

     Feliz Navivdad,

     Your humble servant,

     Gene Frice, President

Bob Barrett