From: Ben517
Sent: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 7:39:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1035 527TH PRCT--JANUARY 3,2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

Trying to keep from getting to far behind.  This will be incomplete but will try to include all dated and important info.  The 517 received many greetings for the holidays from many and especially from our French and Belgian friends. This may be just a mismatch but the facts are here
Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Joanne Supko

Hello Mr. Barrett,

My name is Joanne and I am the niece of the late Anthony A. Fabrick, a member of the 517th PRCT Company D.  His sister, Dolores, is my Mother.  I've always had and interest in my Uncle Anthony and have finally decided to pursue my interest.  Anthony was KIA on September 6, 1944, in Southern France.  My mother read to me a letter Captain Loren S. James wrote to my Grandmother on April 14, 1945.  Anthony was said to be one of the very best soldiers Capt. James ever had the honor of leading.

I am requesting any information that anyone out there may have on Anthony.  I can be reached by email at supkoj@nep.net .

I do have a very spiritual story to share with those that did know Anthony.

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Joanne Supko

Bob Christie

Ben, Just got out of hospital yesterday. Everything is coming unglued.  Those who haven't made reservations by Dec. 30 will be charged a higher rate. Nothing I can do about that. Mildred is picking up a printout of reservations to this point. I wish people would register with me before they make the hotel reservation. The Thunderbolt is late and nothing I could do about that. I did my part and had it ready by Dec. 1st. This will be my last mini-reunion!!! Bob
Greg Harger
Howard/Ben,

Thank you.

Your note will reach Norma.

There will be a Memorial weekend late July or early August and the information will be sent out to all interested parties as soon as it is available.

We anticipate many activities might be in order including "story telling" along with various other recognitions of his Michigan DNR service, his bear hunting adventures, his marathoning, his skydiving, etc. but none more important than the recognition of his military service with so many others like that of all those of the 517th. It will be a great celebration that the 517th made possible for us to enjoy and honor him in this day and time.

We will not forget.

Thanks for the insights and snap shot of his history from your historic time with our father,

Greg Harger
(317) 289-4018
1515 West New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46222-4343