From: Ben517
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 1:44 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1037 517TH PRCT--JANUARY 6, 2005

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Claire Giblin, the daughter of Allan Johnson 596 has  requested that I explain a personal matter. Since Claire is a good friend, I will include her request in this Mail Call.  'Nuff said.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Claire Giblin

hey, there, Ben -

Good to talk to you and Jeff today, but I'm sorry you didn't have better news for me.  I do think that you should tell the ranks on Mail Call, since if it were news about, say, my dad, you'd put it on.  What do I have to do, write in and say that I just talked to Ben, and he's had a rough week with a fall and a touch of pneumonia?  You have fans, and they'd like to know.

At any rate, I am glad to hear you're feeling better and that you're in good hands.  Give Jeff my best - what a nice guy.

I made my reservations today - arriving Sunday midday, leaving Thursday morning.

Take care of you and give my dear Miss Fran a kiss for me.

Claire

Joanne Supko

Mr. Cooper,

Thank you so very much for you response to my email!!  I never thought in a million years that I'd hear from one of the soldiers that was with Anthony when he gave his life.  My Mom choked up when I read your email to her over the telephone.  I forwarded a copy to her email address, although she's not as computer savvy as she could be.  She's busy with my Dad taking care of him as he recovers from a couple of small strokes.  She said her Mom always wondered if Anthony suffered a great deal when he died.  It was something that always bothered my Grandmother.  My Mom will be sending me some photos (she knows she has a full shot of him in Rome) and his book that contains autographs.  She still has letters and his medals.  She's afraid some of the other personal items and memorabilia were mistakenly thrown away.  I thank you again for all you've done just by answering the unanswered question.  I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Joanne Supko

Don Sliker

Lt. Walter Irwin, the S-2 of 2nd 517, Huertgen Forest, 1944.

John Bramswig

Hello 517 and Happy New Year.

This is directed to Dan Dinneen,

Dan, I wonder if you could run the name of Ed Marconi by Mr Quarante.

Ed (now deceased) is my father in law and was in Company A.  Ed was from Brooklyn New York, jumped into France during Operation Dragoon, went through the Battle of the Bulge and was finally wounded on February 8th, 1945 in or around Bergstein Schmidt area.

As I rarely see Company A Troopers on the email, perhaps there is a chance Mr Quarante may recall Ed.  Best of luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards,

John Bramswig
Boom Alicki

Glad you finally received  my book.  So sorry to learn about your fall and ailment.  I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.  Those of us in our 80's plus must be extra cautious about how we move about. We are not as agile as we were in our youth.

Take care ole buddy.

Boom Boom
Floyd Polk

Please add the following e-mail addresses to Mail Call per telephone call with Floyd:

sister and niece of Anthony Fabrick Co. D  KIA in Southern France.

Jean Michel

dear friends,

JEAN MICHEL. ERIC. Mr THE MAIRE OF LE MUY AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN SOUTH FRANCE WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006 AND A VERY GOOD HEALTH.. WE THANK YOU ONE MORE TIME FOR YOUR HELP TO PERPETUATE THE STORY OF THE AIRBORNE IN SOUTH FRANCE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU THIS YEAR HERE OR THERE...
warmest regards from all of us.