From: Ben517
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 5:12 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1043 517TH PRCT-JANUARY 14, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

January 22-25, 2006
Bradenton, FL

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon
Dick and Ginny Seitz

For Bob Darymple. My heartfelt sympathy for you and your family on the passing of your lovely wife Garnet.  She was a wonderful person and loved by all of us in the 517th.  My  the Good Lord wrap her in his arms and bless her forever.  You are in our prayers during this time of your deep sorrow.  Dick and Ginny Seitz

Mark Landreth

Hi Ben - I'd be interested in working on a project to get the morning reports added to the web site. Any idea how we can get copies of the microfilm? Let me know at your convenience. Thanks! mark

Joyce Turco

 Dear Ben,

I want to send my condolences to Bob Dalrymple for the loss of his dear wife Garnet. When Leo and Garnet were both having severe back problems we would compare notes as to what was being done for each of them. She will be a great loss to a wonderful man. Times passes and we heal so I hope it will happen to you with all your wonderful memories of the reunions and trips to Europe we made with the 517th.
Best wishes,    Joyce Turco  widow of Leo Turco  A Battery  460th

Marie Rommel

Mr. Darymple                                                                                                  I would like to express my condolences to you and your family for Garnet's passing. Walt and I talked many times about the luggage ordeal that we solved together.
 My prayers are with you and your family.

              Marie Rommel--517th--F Co.

Howard Hensleigh

Dear Ben:
We are at the mercy of these electronic devices.  I am not complaining.  They make many things possible for old troopers who contend with them, including Mail Call that binds us together as brothers.  After years of being able to write a message with big letters, that possibility disappeared from my screen.  It just reappeared so you should be able to read this without reading glasses.  My rolodex also disappeared on the computer's move to FL.  A young lady who does some secretarial work for me discovered that if I right click on it and then maximize it, the rolodex magically appears.  My computer got off track from a virus or update.  Then it was restored by a resourseful young man from Silicone Valley visiting his grandmother here.  After restoration, the rolodex gave me your old telephone number.  It reached a man who lost no time telling me he was not Ben Barrett.  Hence this email.  With the luck of Friday 13th, it will reach you promptly.

We were dismayed at news of those broken ribs and delighted at your early recovery.  Better yet, you are considering the FL mini.  I would like to go.  I am entirely independent at home with all my equipment here.  Since my spinal cord injury I have traveled with Jan, even while working for Raytheon.  When things go haywire away from home, she fixes them.  Kissimmee last year was a disaster even with her assistance.  She has recovered from a couple of blood clots. She still has some back and leg problems resulting from the infection that kept her in the hospital 4 months.  It was too close to the spinal cord for surgical draining.  We regret that we will not make it to Brandenton.  Bob Christie deserves a lot of credit for all he is doing.

My highest regards to you for keeping Mail Call going even in trying times.  Howard H.

Gene "Zoot" Snyder

 Another note for sons Jeff Wilhoit, Ted Crawford
and son-in-law John Bramswig

Point of interest concerning the A Co casualty summary for
Feb 1945.    It shows 32 casualties on Feb 8th, however,
the situation was more serious than it appears.  Due to previous
casualties in Dec & Jan our total Company strength when we
started our advance that day was less than 50 men.  Fortunately
some of the wounded were still on their feet after the battle.
Gene is correct. Here is a graph showing casualties. H Co was also down to 50 troopers-Ben