From: Ben517
Sent: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 7:11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1053 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 3, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello ,

I sent to all on my Mail Call roster Dick Seitz's message about the passing of his wife, Ginny. I have forwarded your sympathy replies directly to Dick Seitz and family

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Tom Cross

Ben:
    Agree with you that we should take a good look at the Armed Forces Reunion Organization in the manner you outlined in your e-mail message messages.
    We still have other options available such as "piggy backing" on a larger Airborne Organization like the 82nd, 101st and the Static Line. This could substitute for our National Reunion or one or more of our Minis. There are also local Chambers of Commerce that can be used for this purpose.
    The current trouble is that some of our people have not come to grips with reality.
We voted for Annual Reunions and that is a dead issue as far as I am concerned. At the moment we are running around like "chickens with our head cut off" going nowhere and doing nothing to solve the problem.
    The Association Officers and Directors have got to come to a decision on how to handle this problem and the time is now not later. The Auxiliary Association must be included in this both now and in the future. I suggest that we appoint a Joint Reunion Committee-Joint in this case means both the 517th PRCT Association and the 517th PRCT Auxiliary Association. This can be done by e-mail and the THUNDERBOLT. E-mail is preferred because of the time limitations involved. I do not favor waiting for the next Annual Reunion to solve this issue.
    Would you please use our 517th PRCT Mail Call to get some reaction started on behalf of both Associations. I, like so many of our comrades, have health issues that will soon preclude future participation in our  Reunions. Let us get on with the job of \melding the Auxiliary into our Organization and Plans instead of just talking about it in the future tense.
Regards, Tom

Jim Royer

Ben, I was so glad to hear that you have contacted the Armed Forces
Reunions, Inc. and are c willing to listen to them. In my further talks
with John Schaffner of the 106 Div, he said the cost is $5/person, added
to the Registration fee.. They do handle all the details, and in expert
fashion. John said that last year they were scheduled for New Orleans.
Katrina hit the area. They moved it further up north, but had to cancel
that, and moved it to Washington, D.C. It was very successful. Also,
two years ago, they received a refund of $5,000 after the reunion.
Thanks, again, Ben for looking into this for us.
                                  Jim Royer
P.S. I was the only board member who voted against every year reunions.
Barmey Hekkela

Lets wait until after the Portland reunion before making more plans.  don't think we have enough active guys to make any big plans just now. Barney
Mike Kane

Hi Ben.

In the last Mail Call, Jon Bosse asked about morning reports for D company for 1-23-45.  If you are able to get that, could I get a copy?  That was the date my dad was wounded, I believe around St. Vith.

Mike Kane
                            ********
Still working on it. Commentary: The Daily Morning Report: Taking The Pulse of WWII and I have contacted Clark Archer as well as National Personal Records Center- Ben