From: Ben517
Sent: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 7:09:13 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1054 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 4, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello ,

I just had a talk with Gene Frice and plans for the Portland reunion are coning along fine. We will have more details as he sends them to me.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Gene Frice  --Gene is the president of the 517th PRCT Association.-Ben

    We of the 517th, are so sorry to hear of the passing of Ginny Seitz. She was a great lady and loved by all that knew her. Our heartfelt condolences to a soldiers soldier, Lt. General Richard (Dick) Seitz for his loss.

    Ben, I have taken the following action. I will write my personal note to the General expressing my regrets. I would recommend all express their feelings in their own manner.

    I have sent flowers the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in the name of the 517th, with the following message:

    "Members, family, and friends of the 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team for Trooper Ginny Seitz"

Dick Seitz

My heartfelt thanks to you and all the fine 517th people for your many kind messages on the passing of my wonderful wife, Ginny.  You al were so good to write and I appreciated your thoughtfulness in writing  Your messages mean so much to me and my family. Dick
Audrey Coffman

I just to inform all that Fritz Coffman is in the hospital

he has lumps on the lungs and will be taking treatment.

I'll keep you informed.

Audrey Coffman  (Fritz  2nd )
Tom Cross

Ben:
    Would you please post a notice in Mail Call inquiring about the whereabouts of Russ Brami. The Telephone Company servicing Russ's last known residence at Cedar Key, FL reported he left no forwarding address.  This is not like Russ.
Regards, Tom
David E Knee Jr.

Good morning Ben,

I am writing to ask you to please stop sending email for David E. Knee, Sr.  Unfortunately he had a pretty damaging stroke a few months ago and he is not able to read anymore and can't remember much about the past.  I want you to know that before the stroke he enjoyed all the emails so much and always looked forward to receiving them.  Thank you so much for sending them and good luck to you and all the members of 517th.

Sincerely,

David E. Knee, Jr.

Bob Dalrymple

Ben: I agree with Tom Cross, 100 % . Bob Dalrymple-- (N0. 1053 )

Walt Smith

Ben, just a note in reference to the Auxiliary Assoc. and Tom Cross' message.  The Savannah formation of the Auxiliary Assoc. was with intention of their gradually taking the reins of our 517th Association.  I feel that it is time that the Auxiliary Association become fully melded with the 517th Association for the undeniable reasoning that our aging and 'departing' is imminent!
God Bless!  Walt Smith - HQ1st
I have already forwarded  to Dick Seitz and his family condolences  from Bob and Kathleen Hart, Bernard McKeon, Jesse and Lou Darden, John Alicki, Chris Lindner, Walt Smith and Polly and Ray Hess.-Ben

Ben for Dick Seitz and Family,
    Our prayers and hearts are with you and your family.  Jan and I were privileged by coincidence to have dinner with you and Ginny at Oklahoma City.  I am happy she was there at Savannah to hear the stirring address of one of the geat and true leaders of the Combat Team.  May God continue to bless you and your family,
    Howard and Jan Hensleigh

Jerri Long

Dallas and I are saddened by the passing of Ginny Seitz.  We will pray for Dick Seitz.
Lovingly,
Jerrie Long and Dallas

Walt Smith

Hi Ben, This is just a note to you in re Condolences directed to Gen. Seitz.  Before I read the email I had sent Gen Seitz my email as well one copy to you (BCC). It was because I was unsure of Dick's email address.  I'm sure it is more work for you to fwd on the order of 300 or so of individual emails.  Anyway, have a nice day.  We care for you also.
Walt Smith HQ1st

Entry of Jan 30, 2006 at 21:56 [EST]
Name: Dennis Sura
Unit: Father 517th Company H
EMail: denny.sura@ genmills.com
How I found the 517th page: From a search engine
Comments: Thanks to the people who put this together. My father was Corporal Michael A Sura. His friends were many but he told many stores of Manfred Seeburger, George Monkhouse and Dick Huggler along with their platoon sgt. Fred Harmon. Using the site was able to talk to Fred Harmon, visit Dick Huggler and talk to Monkhouse's son and daughter. I have yet to hear anyone talk about Seeburger besides the remembrance of Fred Harmon.