From: Ben517
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:22 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1055 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 7, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello ,

About sixty one years ago today combat ended for the 517 Combat Team.  The website has an audio from Lud Gibbons
The Hurtgen Forest  Bergstein 1945 - Part1 Part2 Part3 Part4
by Lud Gibbons, 517th (PRCT) from the
DropZone web site

Some members may be able to hear parts of this audio. Bob

 may be able to clear it all up.
Myrle Traver  also has a story about the last days of the Bergstein attack on the website.
We are still trying to find out if anyone has any information about Russ Brami

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Recent website additions:
George Monkhouse, H Company

Floyd Polk

Ben,

The 2007 Florida Mini Reunion will be at the Ramada Inn, 7470 Hwy 192 W, Kissimmee, FL., January 21-25, 2007.

We will send you more information later.

Floyd Polk, Leila Webb and Donna Hilliard

Robert Cooper

Dick Seitz:
Sir is with great sorrow that we learn of your loss Maxine and I and my family The Christman's.
      I had the pleasure of sitting next to Ginny at dinner in Columbus Ga. You told the story About southern France and the lady complaining about the loss of her onions I said to Ginny I didn't  know he knew about that and she replied he knew about every thing.
May the Lord Bless You and yours
Respectfully

Robert R, Cooper  And Family

Charlie and Bernice Cook

To Dick Seitz and Family:
Our thoughts are with you--
May your cherished memories bring you peace and comfort through the days that are ahead.
May God go with you!!
Charlie and Bernice Cook

Jay Sutcliff

Hi Mr. Barrett,

Yes I do receive Mail Call, it’s the 1st thing I open each morning.  I appreciate all that you do.  I wish my Dad was alive to see it.

For whatever reason there is a 20 in front of my email address.

 Again thanks so much.

Lud Gibbons

Hi Ben,

Worked.
Sixty one years ago today or close.

You had us worried!
It was sure good to hear that you made the Florida Reunion & that we will see you in Palm Springs.
Bill Christian was sure glad to get the news.

Like many others, look forward to and enjoy mail call.

Thanks

Lud

This link was sent to us by Myrle Traver "F" Co. who was a POW in Germany for 64 days. The Schmidt Bergstein Attack

John McCain's POW story about the pledge of allegiance-Truth!
Tom Cross

Ben:
    Would you please post a notice in Mail Call inquiring about the whereabouts of Russ Brami. The Telephone Company servicing Russ's last known residence at Cedar Key, FL reported he left no forwarding address.  This is not like Russ.
Regards, Tom