From: Ben517
Sent: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 2:34:17 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1056 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 9, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello ,

We will soon have the mini reunion in April and the Annual reunion in July. Anyone interested in hosting the 2007 Annual reunion or have any ideas about it?

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

CADUSA

to General Richard SEITZ
from US AIRBORNE RECEPTION COMMITTEE Trois-Ponts Belgium
Our sympathy and prayers are with you and your family for the passing of your dear wife. We think of you and we are sure God will help you in your sorrow.
When we lost a friend of the 517th group it is like if we lost a member of our family. We shall have a special prayer for Mrs Seitz in St Jacques church. Our Love to general Seitz and his family. CADUSA

Gene Frice

Ben,
     I had forwarded most of the below info back in Dec-but, we necessary  need to repeat and also because of the hotel info. I guess the total data will have to be published in a link or whatever.
     Regards to all-hope everyone is hanging in there.
          Gene

          517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

                    Regimental Reunion July 18-23, 2006

     The Reunion will be held at the
Red Lion Hotel on the River,  Jantzen Beach, Portland , Oregon

Room rates are confirmed at
:

          Standard Guest rooms      $ 89.00 for Single, Double, Triple, or Quad Rate

          River view Guest rooms     $ 99.00 for Single, Double, Triple, or Quad Rate

     All room rates are
exclusive
of state and local taxes , currently at 12.5 %  The rates quoted will be available three days prior and three days after the reunions schedule dates for those desiring early or late arrival and departure.

     Room reservations are to be made directly with the hotel by calling or writing:

          Red Lion Hotel on the River
          909 N. Hayden Island Drive
          Portland, OR  97217

          1-503-293-4466  Hotel room reservation department
          1-800-733-5466  Toll Free

     Request the group rate for the 517th.
The hotel will require the first nights deposit, refundable up to 30 days in advance
of the initial scheduled date of arrival (July 11th). All major credit cards are accepted.

     The hotel is located several miles from the Portland International Airport. Complimentary airport shuttle is provided by the hotel and complimentary parking is also provided.

     The hotel meets all the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All areas of the hotel are in compliance with the public accommodations requirements of the ADA.

     Additional data on the hotel and the 517th reunion schedule will be shortly forthcoming. A wide variety of events are scheduled to include visits to the 1862 USA Vancouver Barracks and the Hudson Bay Company Fort, white water rafting or drifting, a visit to Mt. St. Helens volcano, visits to several museums, including Howard Hughs Spruce Goose; and the usual city tours and river cruise. Many other sites and local malls are available for shopping.

     Looking forward to seeing you in Beautiful Portland.

     The 517th 2006 Planning Committee and Gene Frice, 517th President

Lory Curtis

Everyone in the Curtis family expresses their deepest sympathies at the passing of Mrs. Ginny Seitz and our prayers go out to General Seitz and his family.