From: Ben517
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:20 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1059 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 12, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello ,

I have a feeling some  Mail Call members have not visited our website
and so I have the first page of contents in this Mail Call. I will include more pages in later Mail Calls. Click on the links to learn much about the history of the 517.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Sean P. McGuire
I've really enjoyed the fine work done on the web-site.  Please include me on your Mail Calls.

 Also, I would be very interested if anyone has any information regarding Pfc Milton W. Johnston.  My uncle Milt was killed on January 3, 1945 at, I believe, Trois Ponts.  My mother, Milt's sister, has difficulty to this day discussing his loss.  With a son of my own, this is a part of the family history I do not want to lose. I would be interested in any information regarding his life in the 517th.

 Regards,

Sean P. McGuire

Irma and Arnold Targnion

Dear Ben, Mr Sean McGuire,
We are happy you received the pictures of january 7th. Many years ago, Charlie KEEN told us that Milton JOHNSON and his friend Mitchell were KIA in St Jacques - just near the church - because of that, Charlie KEEN had a special devotion for St Jacques' church and he offered 2 candelors with the names of JOHNSON and MITCHELL (engraved on); those candelors are on the altar every time we have a service to pray for the US soldiers and also in july on 25th (St Jacques day) you can see them on the pictures I sent. Father Radermecker put the candelors in a safe place to protect them from the thieves during the week. May be Maria Gaspar knows more about that. If one day, Mr Mc Guire, you want to come  to St Jacques (Trois-Ponts) we would be happy to welcome you and guide you in the area. Love to all of you. Irma and Arnold TARGNION;

Kent Immerfall

Ben,

Such wonderful pictures/reminders that Irma sent to this site.  She is a true friend and patriot to the American cause.

I have a question about the 517th Monuments.  Are the pictures Irma sent of two separate monuments or only one?  Is this (or those) monument(s) in St. Jacques? Logbierme? or Trois-Ponts?  Or are all of these places, names for the same location?  And is this in France or Belgium?
Kent Immerfall
                                                 **********
I have tried to answer Kent via email. These monuments are in Belgium-Ben

Steve Gomez

Ben,

Could you restart my MailCall delivery please?

Thank you!

Steve Gomez

Son of Cpl Ben Gomez B batt 460th

Thank you,

Entry of Feb 11, 2006 at 17:13 [EST]
Name: Chris LaRoche
Unit: Grandfather was in the 517th Co.B
EMail: nicosdad2002@ yahoo.com
How I found the 517th page: From a search engine
Comments: I'm trying to get any information on my Grandfather, Melvin Lloyd Hoffman. He has with the 517th Co. B, but that is all I really know. Anyone that could give me any information would be greatly appreciated. Just email me. Thanks

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team  1943-1945

Recent website additions:
more of George Monkhouse
January 2006 - Florida Mini-Reunion photos
George Monkhouse, H Company

Reunions
Save the Dates!
Annual West Coast Party
April 2-7, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Annual Reunion
July 18-22, 2006
Portland, OR

Manhay
60th Anniversary photos and videos

Allan Johnson's Le Muy Trip Report

You are visitor number

Hit Counter

  to this page since January 18, 2000.

See Site Information for submitting material.