From: Ben517
Sent: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 7:33:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1068 517TH PRCT--MARCH 1, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Notify me if you don't receive a Mail Call. It may be a problem with my address book .Let me know if one wants to be added or deleted on Mail Call roster.

Has anyone information about the whereabouts of Russ Brami?

I would like to get your ideas about www.armedforcesreunions.com

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Gene Frice

Ben and Bob, et al.

     Your Portland 06 Committee has put the program together. The venues are ok, only waiting for the cost factor on several of them. The program is similar to what I sent to you as email publication in December and again several days ago.

     I, and Gary Davis (Jr), am meeting with military reps (military support) in Salem, OR on Mar 8 to discuss the efforts they have previously suggested. Their support should add a great moment to our 517 members and all (including the family and the younger set).

     As normal we will ask for the final edition to be published in email and Thunderbolt. The crew has asked about the mailing to the non-email folks. I do not know how we have set up the exempt mailing . We will do it from our end, but please explain the mechanics of the exempt stamp thingabob.

     Also, we need to talk about the following:

          1.  Foreign guests
          2.  The "plaque" program
          3.  And of course, 517 2007 site

               Regards to all
                    Gene Frice

     Hope all is well
Bob Piper

Thanks , Ben, for  the quick answer..

I think you know that I had some real
problems with a nerve operation in my
back and have had a considerable
amount of trouble getting my legs to
operate properly. This has been the principal
reason why I have had to miss reunions.
Anyway I am doing some better and hope to
be back walking properly before to very long.
Keep me on the 517 Roster for as you know

I'm a 517'er ,too.

It's getting warmer here in Daytona and hope
that it gets warmer where you are before too long.

Airborne, Bob Piper

Lora Fryczynski

Dear Ben,

We recently received a donation from the Marine Corp. for our non-profit gymnastics group.  We have a group of athletes, boys and girls, who compete in a variety of states.  The Marines were able to do this as we have 7-10 of our thirty competitive athletes who had or have relatives who have served as Marines.  Does the Airborne Division have any such foundation for sponsorship/donation?  Even if they do not, I am wondering if you all could provide us with a flag or banner of some sort, honoring the 517th,  which we could hang in our gym.  My father passed away in October, and he was, through my inheritance, able to provide opportunity for my nine year old son to travel to Tennessee, Texas and Colorado for meets.  It is ironic that the first vacation I ever had was a Paratrooper reunion in Colorado Springs when I was six.  At 43, I have finally been back to Colorado Springs, reliving the fun we had at the North Pole, and the Flying W Ranch.  Thank you for the fine job you do with this website.  I have gleaned a lot of information and appreciate all that you have done for the 517th.

Thank you,
Lora Fryczynski- Butler
                                                 Lora is the daughter of Gerald  460- Ben