From: Ben517
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:07 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1073 517TH PRCT--MARCH 6, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Click  REGISTRATION FORM to get form for the Portland Reunion .Gene, let me know if you get it okay.

Ben

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon

Irma Targnion

Dear Ben,
Thank you very much to honor me as you put my memories on the website. I am very touched. Maria gave me a text with the story of the boy that her family hid in the farm during the war. I shall try to translate to send it to you. The 517th was in Trois-Ponts on last thursday when we celebrate Maria's birthday.(80). During the very nice dinner we remember all the souvenirs, visits and commemorations with our dear friends of America. Morris Mc Dowell must have had buzzings in his ears !!! The party should be a surprise for Maria. So, we began to lie 2 weeks before :"an american will come at the end of february..." who ? a cousin of a soldier KIA in Bergeval... what's his name ? Morris MC DOWELL;.... Maria : "
Why does he come now, the weather is so bad and cold, he 'd better come in summer. (answer)= he is free by now.
Maria : what a strange idea, it is snowing a lot, we shall not be able to go in the woods ! (Irma) Maria, I think he would like to see Bastogne in the snow. the day before the party, we told Maria : " Morris is in Bastogne, he is there for the night, he will come here to morrow. What can I do ?
I am not ready to welcome him...
On the day D - Maria, Morris is in Trois-Ponts, we have to be at the restaurant at noon. Maria : " I shall give him candies and chocolates" OK Maria, Arnold will go to Bergeval to take you at 12 h. When Maria arrived in the restaurant, 30 people acclamed her with a warm "Happy Birthday" and her first words were :" Where is the american man ?"
I composed a song for Maria with all the beautiful, warm and funny souvenirs of her trips in USA and also with the wonderful days we spent with our dear friends of America during their visit in Ardenne. We all sang belgian, american and ardenne's hunters anthems. It was a wonderful day but, sorry, Morris, we ate all the chocolates. You have to come in Belgium to try beer and chocolates next summer.
Now, all our members in the Committee knows you. Don't forget, dear friends veterans and families, you are welcome in Trois-Ponts at any time. Best wishes to you. Irma, Arnold and Co

Jim Royer

Ben & Chris,   As far as I am able to recall, Hq 3rd never received
those coveted white parkas.  We were lucky if we even received our
sleeping bags.  I can recall only once receiving our sleeping bags up in
the bulge., and that night it snowed four inches. Boy, were we warm.
                                          Jim Royer

Kent Immerfall

From Kenton Floyd Immerfall

I truly enjoyed the "piece" sent in by Phil McSpadden.  I have no idea if he was a member of the 517th or a relative of one of these brave soldiers.  But, Phil had me laughing out loud as I read "his" account of The Villages in FL.  I see that advertisement on TV (here in snowy Green Bay) and now I know just how "friendly" the residents of The Villages actually are.  Too funny!  I'm printing it out to send to my Mom.  She'll get a kick out of it too.  Kenton
Phil is a member of the 517PRCT  Read about  him Soldier Stories on the website or click on Phil McSpadden--Ben

 Frank Ramos  (Office of the Under Secretary of Defense) and brother of Ismael "H" Co. presenting to Howard Hensleigh and Dick Seitz the
Note from President George W. Bush to the August 2005 517th Reunion
 Many more photos of the reunion taken by Morris McDowell on the website.