From: Ben517
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 2:04 AM
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1079 517TH PRCT-MARCH 17, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Website                                   www.517prct.org
Roster                                     www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

West Coast Reunion 2006
Palm Springs, Ca. April 2-7

Annual reunion July 17-22, 2006
Portland , Oregon
Subj: Happy St. Patrick's Day to One and All
Date: 3/13/2003 8:56:04 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
newacct1088254  (Boom Boom Alicki )
To:
Ben517,

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure it's like a morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter,
You can hear the angels sing!

When Irish eyes are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay,
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure they steal your heart away

Robert Cohen

I was shocked to hear the sad new by phone from Marie Louise Spencer.
I known Floyd since twenty two years. Less than you all, of course, but  not warmer.  I lost a friend, almost a brother.  He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and by all his French friends.
My thoughts are with Adrianna.

Robert Cohen, Nice France

Jim Benton
Ben,  I don't Have Adrianna s E mail address will you pass this on to her.  My first convention  was in Nashville and the first D co. man to greet me was Floyd Polk.  He took me under his wing and I  always looked forward to talking to him. I didn't always agree with him but I  always respected his opinion.  Floyd and Adrianna always looked out for D Co. getting everyone at the same tables, etc.  He was the #1 D Co man that is for  sure. He will be greatly missed.  My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Adrianna and  his family.  Jim Benton   D Co.

Lyle Madison

HI BEN            HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A NICE VISIT WITH JACK
                      GUTHRIE OF I CO. LAST WEEK. FIRST MET JACK WHEN HE
                      WITH THE ENGINEERS. HE IS WELL AND STILL STRAIGHT AS
                      AN ARROW. HOPE TO VISIT HIM ON MY NEXT TRIP TO VA.
                      BEACH. `BY THE WAY IT'S NO LONGER RED BUT GRAY LIKE
                      THE REST OF US.  IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE
                      ANY LEFT.
                                                LYLE MADISON

Leo Dean

Hi Ben,
Are you going to Palm Springs?  I just made a reservation.  I'll fly to Los
Angeles early Sunday, April 2nd, rent a car and drive to Perris for a
skydive then to Palm Springs.  If you're going would you like to attend
the matinee on Wednesday the 5th of the Palm Springs Follies?  It's
a great show, and I have to order tickets ahead of time.  My buddy
Dick Demmel from Albuquerque will be with me.  Room for at least one
more.  I just sent a contribution to Bob Christie for our friends from
France.

Leo Dean

Jeff Wilhoit

Hello 517th,

Did the 517th ever use the infamous toy "Crickets", as described in Band of Brothers, for identifying comrades?

Jeff Wilhoit
Son of Sgt Bill Wilhoit of "A" Co.
                                     ***************
We have had much discussion about this matter in past Mail Calls. Howard Hensleigh says that he had a cricket. Website contents page has   Search this site . Write cricket in Search for and you will get many references  on this subject.--Ben

Marie and Joe Spencer

We'll dearly miss Floyd. He was generous to a fault, he was
a hero.....and made excellent fruit-cakes!!!!!!. I'll miss his teasing
me (Marie-Louise)
The Joe Spencers

Tom McAvoy

Ben I remember a Elmer  Anderson I thought from 1st Btn.  he was attached
to Regt. Hdq Co. for Intelligence section training in Toccoa  Ga. and
could have very well been taken back to Regt.  Hdq. Co.  for the jump
into France,  However the Elmer I remember  was married just before we
left for overseas,  so he told me.  I considered him a very good friend,
and was very sadden to hear he had been KIA in France.  Would like to
hear from anyone that has any information about him.  He was from
Indianapolis Ind.  and I was from Terre Haute Ind. The pictures I see
here are not of the E. Anderson I knew?. that I can recall  here some 62
years later. Tom McAvoy
Clark Archer sent the following for St Patrick's Day