From: Ben517
Sent: Sun, 04/09/2006 07:43 PM  Eastern Standard Time
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1089 517TH PRCT- APRIL 8, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I have just returned from the Palm Springs Reunion. As usual, Bill Christian hosted a most successful mini reunion.
I started this Mail Call yesterday but after a number of blunders, I decided it would be best to wait another day. Don't fly United.
I had the pleasure of meeting again after too many years Gene and Edie Brissey and Bob Dalrymple..
We won the war again but some of the war stories were literally unbelievable.
Plans were discussed about future reunions. The mini's will be continued and we will know about plans for the annual very soon.
This may be incomplete but it is best if I send this Mail Call out now.

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

                         Recent website additions:

Irma Targnion's Story

Jarred M. Lang

Dear Mr. Barrett,

My name is Jarred Lang, grandson of 1LT Herman Lang (G Company).  I'd like to contribute some photographs of his from his time in the 517th, and request inclusion in the mail-call forum.  I'm sorry to report that my grandfather passed away in December 1997, but I would very much like to keep in touch through your forum, if possible.  His time in the Regiment left a great impression on him and he shared several lessons/experiences with me from the time he escorted me to West Point for my New Cadet induction in 1995 until he passed.  I am still serving on active duty in Army Aviation, and can be reached at the below addresses and phone number.  I'm including a photo for the website (1LT Lang is on the left, but I'm not exactly sure who the other two gentlemen are.  Believe they were in his company or battalion).  I have several more photos to share if they are desired.

Very Respectfully,

Captain Jarred M. Lang
Commander
HHSC, 15th Military Intelligence Battalion (Aerial Exploitation)
Fort Hood, TX  76544

708 Fawn Trail
Harker Heights, TX
76548

jarred.lang@us.army.mil

Bob Lyman

Thank you for e-mailing me back. Also, for the information you sent. I will go out tomorrow and obtain the book.
Have an enjoyable trip.
Bob Lynam.

Ron Robinson

My brother-in-law served in the 517th PIR Company A in Europe during late 1944 through the end of the war.   He did not jump or see combat according to him because the ground troops kept overrunning drop sites before the drops could be made.   His name is Harold E. Harms and he lives in Girard Illinois.  He does not use a computer so I will try to communicate with him on all mail call matters.

 Thanks

 Ron Robinson

Bob Lyman

 I would like to be added to the Mail Call List if you have not already done so.

Thank you,
Bob Lynam

Scott Dionne
Dear Sir.

I am a friend of David Richards son of PFC William Richards.

David Wrote:
Entry of Apr 18, 2003 at 15:01 [EST]
Name: David R. Richards
Unit: 2nd son of Paul William Richards, T-5
EMail: dwei90@
hotmail.com
How I found the 517th page: From a search engine
Comments: My Father never spoke much about his experiences, would like to learn about his unit Co D, 517th and what they did. Am writing a bio for my children (who have never had the privilege to meet their grandfather). Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all, you are "The greatest generation"
Found at
http://517prct.org/Guestbook%20Entries.htm

I noticed your post to the site and am attempting contact on behalf of David who is not able to check his email very often.

Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.
Scott Dionne

Jesse Darden

I have sent several remarks on reunions to mail call and they have not appeared, here is one I hope will, I like what Tom Cross has suggested  as to Committees,  Another thing I would  suggest that if someone out there wants to host the next reunion now is the time to start making the preparations as to Hotels,Flights, Tours, with your Tour people as well as your Chamber Of Comm. this needs to be done so you can present it at the Men's Luncheon Meeting, Help is needed from everyone, All ideas are appreciated, Just thoughts from an old Oklahoma country boy.  Jesse Darden HQ460th 517 PRCT.

Entry of Apr 07, 2006 at 03:17 [EST]
Name:
Billy E. Dailey
Unit:
EMail:
CDM810@aol.com
How I found the 517th page:
From a search engine
Comments:
Registering my step-father, Billy E. Dailey, 1st. btln., A Co., 517PRCt.

Jerri Long

As  I wipe my eyes, I send this to you.  Jerrie Long
Click here: Dr. Sam & The Managed Care Blues Band