From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:34 AM
To: rbarrett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: No1092

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

I think that I've caught up on all mail. Let me know if I have not included your mail .I receive some delicate mail and some confidential mail which I exclude.

I talk nearly every week to Clark Archer,517 historian. He has good days and some not so good. Also talked to Hal Beddow this week. He is still trying to catch up with Helen.
Better plan to attend the Portland reunion. I know from some of my mail that it is going to be too late for some to attend future reunions.

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Jay Sutcliffe

Hi Mr. Barrett,

I was hoping that you had a home address or e-mail address for the daughters of Arthur Graham.  I have some pictures of their father that I thought they may like to see.  If you think that they would not feel comfortable with this, please send my e-mail address to them.

 Thanks

And as always, appreciate all your hard work.

 Kathy McIntosh ( Jesse Davis's daughter)

Hi ben,

We are discussing going to the Portland reunion.  We would come in the rv and hopefully can park in the parking lot.  Have there been other RVs parked at the other reunions?  Dad is doing great.  We lived in Portland for awhile and I was born there so it would be nice to go back.  Thanks for asking.  kathy

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Thank you for sharing the piece on "God and the Spider."  It was a beautiful reminder of to us all, that God does take care of us, frequently in the most mysterious of ways; our job is to trust (which we control freaks often have trouble doing!).
    Happy Easter to you and your family.  We hope your Easter was blessed in every way.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Eddy Monfort

Dear Mr Barrett,

Thank you for your email. Thank you very much for your invitation at the reunion of your 517th Association. I 'm really appreciated. I'm sorry, It will be not possible for me to come this year.  So', It will more easy in 2007.    I'm pursuing my researches about the Battle of the Bulge. It will be a good idea to come next year and in the same time to drop at the National Archives at the same period.
I will be not with you this year but my thought will be there.
I stay in touch. Say hello to all my friends of the 517th and tell them : Next year, probably that a friend from Manhay will present with all of you at the next reunion. I hope so !

Thank you !

Eddy

Jay Sutcliffe

Thanks Ben,

I’ve been talking with Morris McDowell.  He has nothing but nice things to say about you.

 I appreciate all your hard work, and hopefully one day I will get to meet you in person.

 When I first made contact with the 517 Website, you told me to read the “Battling Buzzards,” which I did.  You also told me neither you nor my father were mentioned in the book.  When I read this it made me believe that you possibly knew my father.  Is this true?

 I will e-mail Jo with pictures of her father, and copy you.

 Thanks again

Bob Piper

Many thanks, Ben, for the note and I,too, hope to make some future 517 gatherings but, as you might have guessed by my lack for appearances, have had some rather tough physical going , of late, and this coupled with Nancy (my wife) recouping from a hip replacement have had us very close to home.
I'm sure that we will recover and be back "on-track" before too many more airborne gatherings.

I continue to read the 517 news and enjoy the news of old airborne friends.
Keep me on the address list and I'll be  more active before too very long.

My very best "airborne regards" to who might remember this "honorary 517'er"who was in the 505 throughout WW II.

Sincerely airborne------Bob Pipe

Raoul Bondi

Bonjour, je suis français j' habite Nice cote d' azur France.
Je recherche un soldat du  nom de Robert Young, c'est sans doute le père à ma soeur Roberte qui est née le 30Aout 1945.
Ce soldat était chauffeur de camion à la poudrière du fort de la Revère ou celui de la Drette de 1944 à 1945.
Mon nom est   Bondi Raoul
Adresse 5 passage Martin 06000 Nice France
Tel 06 26 43 21 78
Ou 08 72 95 99 88
Fax 04 93 16 10 62

Merci de donner suite à ce message
I hope that our French friends can clear this message for me and let me know about Bondi Raoul. Apparently he is seeking information about a Robert Young. He is not on our current roster and is not the  infamous Young-Ben

Michael Carrillo

Hi Ben, my Dad turns 90 this year. He is slowing down. Not sure if he will make it out this year.

Will keep you informed. My best to you and yours and the rest of the 517                                              ***************

Michael's dad is Jesus (Beaver) H Co.- Ben