From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 7:48 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1095 517TH PRCT- APRIL 21, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Walter Smith

 MAIL CALL 1094 contributor Bob Dalrymple and his attention-getting article by Ben Stein, that former Hollywood columnist who in an earlier article divorced himself from that Hollywood scene of phony, i.e. make-believe world, where acting is not necessarily heroic.  It behooves every one to read this article in MAIL CALL 1094.  Ben Stein contrasts well the humdrum world in which we  live and that world of the current defenders of our America!

    Ben, on another note, Peanie and I are both trying to overcome a few inconveniences in our 'humdrum' world and not sure yet whether we will be in Portland in July though we would love to 'magically' wish ourselves there.  The people who do so much for us that it behooves all of us to make it to as many of the reunions as we can as we can.  Especially, we are grateful to you and so pleased that you and your family have done so much to maintain the cohesiveness of our organization.   W W Smith Hq 1st
Bob Christie

Ben, As of today, April 21, we have $600.00 in the Visitor's Fund
Gene Frice

Ben,
     As you know I am headed east-way east. Will explore the possibilities of hotel with internet. I heard from our French supporters in Le Muy and will be meeting with them next week. Also, I spoke with the Liberty Team (the organization that jumped at Normandy and Holland when we were there last year. They hope to jump at Le Muy in August if we can get through the administration for such a thing. They possibly may jump (C47) at Portland?
     Regards to all. Will return (I hope) on 3May.
          Gene Frice
Rich Winship

I was so sorry to hear about Dan Chapin's passing.  I didn't know Dan, but he was one of my dad's (Ed Winship) close buddies during the war.  Dad (who would have turned 89 last Tuesday, April 18th) talked about him often and he sounded like a great guy. The picture of them together in Belgium that Ben included in the last Mail Call is one of my prized possessions.

My deep and sincere sympathy goes out to Dan's family and friends.

Rich Winship

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  Note to Ron Robinson re his brother in law Harold Harms.
Late summer 1944 we were still on the lines in S. France until about Thanksgiving.  Later we were stationed in Joigny south of Paris.  Harold must have come home with the outfit.  We were on the Atlantic on the way to the US and Japan when the War ended.  Howard Hensleigh

Scott Dionne

Please add David Richards to your email list.
dawei90@hotmail.com to your list.

Thanks
Scott Dionne

Entry of Apr 20, 2006 at 01:43 [EST]
Name: Ron Robinsonp
Unit:
EMail:
patronr@geusnet.com
How I found the 517th page: From a search engine
Comments: My brother in law Harold Eugene Harms (called Gene) served in the 517th Parachute Infantry arriving in Europe in early 1945. He was in Company A. He is still living and would love to hear from anyone who remembers him. All emails will be given to him

A Bill Mauldin cartoon