From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:12 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1096 517TH PRCT- APRIL 21, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

This Mail Call could be called the Morris and Jay story. Morris McDowell is one of the best friends of the 517. His cousin Layton Pippin "H" Co was KIA. Morris was not in the 517th but is well versed in parachute jumping , very active at our reunions and well acquainted members and the 517 program.
Jay Sutcliffe's father was in "H" Co and Jay is most active in Mail Call wishing to learn all he can about his father and other members of the 517.

I may have had some of the mail from this duo in previous Mail Calls, but will send it out just as Bob sent it to me. Perhaps reading from the bottom up may make matter clearer.

I also have mail and photos from Yvonne Rose about her father Herbert Downs.  More photos can be found on the website

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Training and WWII Photos. Check these out. a partial history of the 517

Yvonne (Rose) Downs

Hello Ben,

 I have more pictures of my father, Herbert Downs,  that Jay Sutcliffe's father, James had.  Jay identified my dad from the first set of pictures I sent you, and made contact with me.  Jay then mailed the original pictures to me. WOW, what a shock to learn that his father knew my dad!

 Jay, thank you very much for the love and dedication you show to all the troopers of the 517th.

 Yvonne (Downs) Rose    Daughter of PFC Herbert Downs

Herbert Downs and friends. Check website for more photos

Dad,  I think I sent this to you already.  But I didn't see any of it in MailCall.  Not sure if you wanted to include it or not.

Bob