From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 8:06 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 2000 1100 517TH PRCT- APRIL 28, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

I just learned of the death of Capt. Richard Jackson  who became Commander of H Co. shortly before the attack on Manhay. He passed away nearly one year ago.  He was a top combat officer and well respected by troopers of H Co.

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Bob Darlymple,

Dear Dick, I am terribly remiss in not writing you sooner. I did not know of Ginny' death until I read the T -Bolt a few days ago . I don't know how I missed that announcement in the mail call . But my love and support for you and family is no less sincere . I am deeply grateful to have been able to know Ginny. She was such a lovely and gracious lady, always . She is home and safe in Heaven now, with our Lord and all the Lords Angels , for which we can be assured of salvation. My heart is with you in these days of grieving and remembering . God Bless. Bob Dalrymple .

Lyn Vickers

Go down to the 2nd remembrance..517th mentioned there..  typical of you all I would say..
Lyn

The Widdah Lyn, Cocoa, and Poopin Pepper the Crappin Cajun

John Pastalenic

Hi Ben,

It was very good to hear from you.
I have good memories of having breakfast with you and Merle
and a few others  - and our discussions  in the Pulaski
Conference Room in Savannah.

We  reminisced about our time spent in Sicily where we made
that practice nite jump with some French jumpers. I think I
mentioned that I volunteered to take a bust and joined the
517th in the Crater to help fill the ranks of the 3rd battalion.

I regret that we can't make it to the Portland reunion, but
hope to read all about it in the newsletter.  Thanks for
being in touch.  Have a grand time, Ben and hope that you
are feeling much better.

Best wishes,  John Pastalenic

Nace Cohen

DEAR BEN   I WOULD LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN YOUR MAIL CALL. I WAS IN  D COMPANY AND THEN TRANSFERRED TO 2ND BATTALION S2.  I WAS 517 FROM THE INCEPTION UNTIL END OF WORLD WAR II.  GOOD LUCK  NACE
Tom McAvoy

Neal McAfee asked for any information about his Great Uncle (Cleo Nelson
Browning).  I was in Regt. Hdq. Co. in Toccoa Ga. (during our basic
training March 1943).  At the time we had been separated into 3 Platoons
Demo,  Communication, and Intelligence,  however we were not separated as
far as sleeping arrangements in the barracks.  One of our guys was named
Browning, (don't ever recall hearing his first name). If I remember
correctly,  he was in the Communication platoon.  Do or did you ever hear
of what your uncle did in the 517?  Some-where I remember he was also in
S-3 (Plans & Training) (later on in the last few weeks at Toccoa).  A very
nice guy  but quiet.  I also remember I think he was from Atlanta  Ga.
Believe it or not this is the first I had heard he was KIA in combat??  I
suffered several injuries on the drop into France, and was Flown home 30
days after the drop.   Tom McAvoy
                                                                     ********
Go to WWII Recollections - Soldier's Stories on the website and read  Mike Spano's and Fred Beyer's account of the incident in which Cleo Browning was KIA.--Ben

Harold Harms

Mail Call:  Please sign up Harold E. Harms known as Gene Harms to Mail call.  He served from Feb 45 onwards and is still living in Girard Illinois

Thank you