From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:05 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1101 517TH PRCT-APRIL 29, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Bobby Jo Spencer

Hi Ben, Bobbi Jo Spencer here (Dick Spencer's eldest daughter). Thank you for the information about where to donate my father's uniform and medals. ("The U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center (AHEC)"). They even pay the postage of shipment. But I have to figure out what their values are. I have been looking on ebay. The medals are worth more than the uniform. It appears that the 2 hats, shirts, pants, and uniforms and medals and badges will be valued at about $1000. I thought others might be interested in that research. Thanks so much! bojoco@att.net www.bjbmall.com BJ Spencer

Bob Cooper

 Ben

Would you please send me Nace Cohen's E Mail address our ask him to send it to me

 Robert R, Cooper Co. D

Howard Hensleigh

Dear Ben:  Sad to hear that Richard "Lucky Jack" Jackson has made the final jump.  I kept in touch with him until a year or so ago.   Then I couldn't reach him in Kansas or the south west where he had a trailer.  His wife predeceased him by several years.  He batched, but had some nieces and nephews who kept track of him.
    When I talked with him about his silver star at Manhay he sounded like Dick Winters of Band of Brothers fame.  It was like I wasn't a hero, but led a company of heroes.  At our positions near Piera Cava, Dick had his CP on the forward slope.  It was well dug in with a log and dirt roof.  It was hit several times by incoming artillery, but Lucky Jack survived.  The last time I saw him was at Palm Springs.  He was a fine combat officer.
Howard Hensleigh

Scott Atkinson

Ben,

I will arrive in Nice, France on June 26, 2006 and must depart France on July 4th.

I will be driving across France and would like to consider visiting some of the areas in which the 517th served.

My uncle, Erwin W. Scott Jr, was in Company D of the 517th.

Thanks for all you have done.

Scott Atkinson
Nila Gott

I'm so sorry to say I won't be able to make it to the reunion this year.  I have had some unexpected expenses.  I will definitely make it a point to go next year.  I know how wonderful these reunions are and I know it will be a big success.

Nila Gott  (Vasquez)

Lou Holzworth

 I want to help Tom about Browning...We had  a
Horace C Browning from Atlanta Ga with us all the way from the beginning to the end.  He is alive and well.  lives in Atlanta Ga. from last heard from him.  Tom was right.  He was with commo plt...in message center section.  I knew him well. He hung around our crowd....Hulett-Yates-Godfrey-Brisley-Wahlstrom.....

Marion Brannan ( Marion is the wife of Bill Brannan )

I finally got this pen to write. Ben

Handwriting Consultant & Document Examiner

www.mariangimbybrannan.com

brannan@mcn.org

P.O. Box 507 Littleriver, Ca 95456

-WRITE WORDS
Marian’s News about Handwriting – Second Issue 2006
MOTHER’S DAY THOUGHT
A MOTHER IS A PERSON WHO SEEING THERE ARE ONLY FOUR PIECES OF PIE FOR FIVE PEOPLE, PROMPTLY
ANNOUNCES SHE NEVER DID CARE FOR PIE.
As Mother’s Day approaches, I was reminded of this special story and the handwriting of a young man in the 1850’s.
A Young Man Remembers Home and Mother
We were fortunate to peruse a rare Pocket Letter Book from Gregory’s Express in California dated November 1851. In lieu of post offices, such express companies carried mail and insured consignments of gold dust from the mines of the Gold Country of California. Pony Express eventually became the prevalent mail carrier.
The contents of this gilt-edged little book from Gregory’s Express were touching in their simplicity and reserve, yet, between the lines, it was evident that it was written by a lonely young man who had left his family in search of gold.
He speaks of the hardships of the times and the difficulty in trusting anyone, warning his younger brother about the hazards of such a life.
We wondered: Was the letter ever delivered? or Did the writer die in the Gold Fields? One thing becomes apparent. He missed his home and mother.
“Mother I remember Well when you came to the waggon”
Deliberateness, a disposition to move slowly with care, is the trait which is prevalent in this young man’s writing, shown by the lack of retracing of strokes such as in the word when. The strokes of w and n of when are separated with no retracing; a classic example of deliberateness. This is a trait of handwriting not often seen today; the pace of life in today’s society rarely allows one to be deliberate.
Notice how the t-crossing of Mother is continued in an exaggerated curlicue…could this be the writer’s way of expressing his sentiments towards this special person in his life, his mother? In the 1850s such expressions as “I love you Mom,” were not always used.
Take the Eight Basic Steps
I am now offering the Eight Basic Steps by correspondence, making it very convenient to fit into busy schedules! The course is prepared by the Instruction Department of the International Graphoanalysis Society. This beginning course is a basic introduction in handwriting analysis, where you would learn to determine personality and character traits. This is how it would work. Upon registration, I would mail you STEP ONE. When this step is completed, returned and corrected, you would then receive STEP TWO and so on until the course is completed. As an incentive I am offering STEP ONE at not charge. If you decide to commit to the full course the charge is $100.00. This special offer is available for a limited time. Register before 7/01/06. See more at:
www.handwritingxpert.com
Character Trait: Depth
This issue touches on the character trait of DEPTH (or heaviness of writing) Heavy writing or strong pressure placed on the writing instrument suggests that the writer has a strong attraction to that which is pleasing to the eye, ear, and touch. The writer may have difficulty “letting go” of what has happened, because of vivid memories of past emotional events. He/ she experience life deeply. Depth is a global factor, influencing all other traits of handwriting. Conversely, light line writers recover quickly from emotional experiences.
In our last issue we talked about SLANT. When we add DEPTH or heaviness of writing to a far forward slant, BINGO…we have a double-barreled shotgun! This is someone who reacts quickly and feels deeply. Do you have anyone in your life who writes like this? I do. It has made for an exciting life.
Diana, Princess of Wales
1961-1997
“The inspiration of this wonderful sale comes from just one person….our son William. Diana. June, 1997”
There is an overall simplicity to the writing style of Princess Diana. Her signature always appears to have an underscore. The underscore of a signature indicates self-reliance. She would want to accomplish her aims without help from anyone else.
It is interesting to note that the dots of her i’s are round, indicating that she would be loyal to issues important to her. She would have been a loyal royal, if only the circumstances had been different.
The words of Diana’s message, written only three months before her tragic death, tell us how much her children meant to her.
‘Till next time, nice chatting with you about handwriting. My next issue will be out in the fall. Have a wonderful summer. Please contact me if you have any interesting handwriting specimens or other feedback. I would love to hear from you.
Marian Gimby Brannan
Great Mother’s Day Gift!
Twenty Remarkable Women Seen Through Their Handwriting
Available at $!9.95 plus tax & S&H call 1-800-715-4080 or