From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 11:47 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1106 517th PRCT- MAY 5,2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Bob Barrett

You've got the numbers off again on the last few.  The last one should have been 1105 not 1005.

Bob
                                                        ****************
Just testing to see if anyone noticed or reads this stuff. -Ben
Daniel Curtis

Hello Ben,
I was wondering, with the passing of my Uncle Floyd Polk, while I have continued to read mail call with great pleasure in how you all keep in touch. Please know that the younger family members do greatly appreciate the memories you all share of your own and those of our loved ones. I have noticed and have been told that Floyd was one of the last surviving Co D men. I have also noticed that Mr Bob Cooper signs off Co D. Are there any others to your knowledge. May you please pass on Mr. Coopers email address to me. I was wondering other then Floyd if any other Troopers have any memory of my Uncle Danny Ogniewski KIA 11/4/44 Sospel, France. Uncle Floyd shared many memories of Co D with me and many memories of Danny. I will truly miss Floyd as I have thought of him daily since his passing. I read with regret the passing notices you post all to frequently. Your generation was truly the greatest and I will promise to forward what I have learned from all of you on to my 10 year old son and all others that will listen. I savor my freedom and thank all of you for it!
Sincerely Daniel Curtis

Lory Curtis

Ben
     I see information on this mail call that refers to the 517th
returning to Le Muy in 2007.  If this is true I sure would like some more
information so I can start planning the trip for my Dad and I.

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Jean-Loup Gassend:  Thank you for your compliment.  I really did not know every man in the 517th, but I can tell you someone who should know.  Joe Calder, our 3rd Bn. S-4 should know James_______________, and if he does not, he should know someone who does.  Joe, can you respond by filling in the blank??  Howard Hensleigh

Nace Cohen

DEAR BEN I REALLY ENJOY YOUR EMAIL.  COOPER AND STADLER WAS LOOKING FOR MY E MAIL.  I WOULD ENJOY THEIR CONTACT.  MY EMAIL  N474@AOL  I RESIDE IN LOS ANGELES.  LOOKING TO MAKE CONTACT.      NACE COHEN

Tom McAvoy

Ben  (don't know if you want to post this or not)  In the 60s I had
finished writing of my WW II experiences and received a letter from a guy
(same last name as one of our highest ranking Officers in Toccoa) But I
am sure not he asking for any stories of my combat experiences,,  (so he
could write a book)  I sent him my story and about 30 days later received
a Thank-You note from him ,  however he commented that he did not believe
a lot of my story????  He admitted to being a non-combatant, and had
begged me for my experiences,  So I wrote back to him ,Sir you have a lot
of gall, not having experienced any Combat and the problems that can be
encountered, and yet can past your own opinion on what should be in ones
experiences in combat????  To bad, with your rank and you choose to try
and make money on someone else combat experiences,  Tom  McAvoy  (See you
in Portland  Ben)

Boom Boom Alicki

PRAYER REQUEST

According to the weather reports, it is my understanding that it is 122 degrees in Iraq right now -- and the low will be 111! ; Our troops need our prayer s for strength, endurance, and safety. If it be God's will, give these men and women the strength they need to prevail.
I am sorry but I am not breaking this one.....Let us pray.
Prayer chain for our Military...please don't break it...
Please send this on after a short prayer.

Pray for our soldiers...
Prayer
"Lord, hold our troops in your  loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their  families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need  I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen."
Prayer Request: When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops around the world.
There is nothing attached.... . Just send this to all the
people in your  address book. Do not let it stop with you, please...
Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine & others deployed in harm's way, Prayer is the very best one!!!!