From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 6:49 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1115 517TH PRCT-MAY 20, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Important ! Has anyone been in contact with Bob Christie , editor of " The Thunderbolt" recentlyWe have not been able to reach him by phone or email for over a week.

Yesterday we had the pleasure of a visit from Claire Giblin and her father Allan Johnson 596  and Jolene Devaney, niece of Patrick Michaels 596 KIA.

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Bob Dalrymple

Ben , Bill Christian's info is most of what we need for our debate at Portland.  I lean toward using that outfit.  And thanks to Bill for providing it . Bob Dalrymple

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  You and Darrell read the bylaws correctly.  There are no restrictions on use of funds we have not imposed on ourselves.  By that I mean that the money contributed for the S. France monument is reserved for that.  Our best bets are Sospel and the museum at le Muy for those funds.  A decision should be made at the next reunion in Oregon.

All other funds are to be used to promote the objectives of the Association set forth in Article I.  In my view the foreign guests promote the remembrance of the 517th where we did the fighting.  Recently the Board properly authorized reimbursement of Merle for that purpose.  General funds not allocated otherwise can be used for to defray foreign guests expenses as well as publication of the Thunderbolt.  That does not mean that each one of us who receives the Thunderbolt should not pay his/her way.  If anyone desires continued receipt of the Tbolt, but can't pay, I think a personal letter to Bob Christie will take care of that.

Maybe I should have addressed this sooner, but as an ex I do not wish to intrude on current operations.  Airborne forever,  Howard Hensleigh

Boom Boom Alicki

My deepest sympathy to the family of the sad loss of Joe Miller. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Jim Royer

Ben,  Bill Christian's comments concerning sample contracts from AFR,
Inc. was most interesting. After talking with John Schaffner of the 106
Div, who has used AFR many times, I am thoroughly  convinced that that
is the only way to go for our future reunions. If a proxy vote is
allowed at the Board meeting in Portland, Ben, I give you the authority
to vote a yes on my behalf in favor of AFR.
   Darrell"s idea of a $12 subscription for the Thunderbolt is the right
direction to take. Also, the Thunderbolt does not have to be so lengthy,
too many repetitions of articles. Bob does a fantastic job. He does not
have to put so much of his time into it. Also, I'm glad Darrell agrees
with me, the 517th funds are for ALL of our activities, except reunion
income & expenses Enough said.
    So very sorry top hear of the passing of one of our past presidents,
Joe Miller. He was a true, blueblood, 517th Trooper. My sincere regrets
go to his wife and family.
                                   Jim Royer