From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:29 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1116 517TH PRCT- MAY 21, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

I am the Infantry

Merle McMorrow

 Ben:

Since I won't be in Portland, I authorize you or whomever you designate to vote in my stead on matters relating to Association business.

I find Option 3 to my liking as a means to continue with the staging of future reunions.

The Thunderbolt has always been published using Association funds.  I don't understand the high cost per issue.  Is it the quality of the paper?  I put out 1,400 copies for $700 or 50 cents an issue. Does Bob put the paper together or does he pay someone to do it?

Who does the money for foreign go to?

Our greetings to Fran and our best to you.

                                                         Merle
Boom Boom Alicki

With Memorial Day approaching, I wanted to forward this link to you which I received from a friend.

Subject: Greatest play in baseball history!
 (UPON OPENING LINK, ALLOW LOADING TIME)

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/library/open/features/monday_flag_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=486348&product=gen_video

Tom Reber

Ben,

I have not had an e-mail for address corrections from Bob in quite some time.  The last one I received was near the end of March.  I hope that all is well.  Possibly with all of the fires and dry weather in Florida, he left town to cook for the firefighters?  I know he used to do that in the past.

Best regards,

Tom Reber

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  Don't loose sleep over Bob Christie.  He probably is at a family wedding up north.  Howard H.

Claire Giblin

Hey, Ben -

I stumbled on this gov site and sent the link to Jolene.  I did a quick look of the popular links, and if it's on the 517 site, I missed it.

Do you know that they'll send a photo of a grave marker (or notation on the Wall of the Missing) upon request?  And I didn't realize that flowers (for a reasonable fee) could be placed on specific graves through this site as well.  There are forms (PDF) that you print, complete, and mail.  It's a nice service, and I think that there is no charge for photos.

There is also a complete PDF "booklet," about 18 pages, detailing the specifics of the cemetery, the purpose of the invasion, and has many photos of the setting, the chapel, and so on.

It seemed a bit morbid to have taken pictures of specific markers when we were at the Rhone Cemetery.  However, I now wish I had a photo to share with Jolene (of her uncle's marker).  It is nice to know that this service is available for those unable to travel.

Claire

http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/rh.php

 Wayne Cross

Three Parrots down the chute...