From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:12 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1118 517TH PRCT-MAY 23, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Bob Christie is now home and will be soon  working on the next Thunderbolt.

The World War II Honor Roll
 Now searchable by Unit

  Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

Jolene Devaney

Ben,

A quick question can you tell me what the arm bands stand for in the photo?

Jolene

 Hi Bob,

Can you tell me what the white arm bands mean? This is the 596 Co.

Ben

Bob Dalrymple

Ben, I don't know . Maybe that was part of the squad identification . Or perhaps, something to do with D-Day recognition ? I'll forward to some of our 596 guys and see what response I get . Will inform you. Bob

Don Street

Hi. I wanted to let you know that I just switched to EarthLink for my
Internet access, and so I have a NEW EarthLink email address:

dantree@earthlink.net

Please take a moment today to write down my new address and add it to your
email address book.

I don't want to miss any of your messages!

Tom McAvoy

I believe the late Bill Lewis stated one time when he was  still our
secretary  that IRS frowns on how our monies are spent from our tax
exempt treasury in fact they are pretty explicit, as to how they may be
spent, or we loose our tax exempt status   for what ever that is
worth.  Tom  McAvoy
Andrianna Polk

Ben,

Please take me off of Mail Call until further notice.  Am headed to the hospital for an operation on my back and then rehab.

Thanks.

Adrianna L. Polk

The following is provided by Urban Legends Reference Page.-Ben

Traditional How to fold the flag flag etiquette prescribes that before an American flag is stored or presented, its handlers should twice fold it in half lengthwise; then (from the end opposite the blue field) make a triangular fold, continuing to fold it in triangles until the other end is reached. This makes a triangular "pillow" of the flag with only the blue starred field showing on the outside, and it takes thirteen folds to produce: two lengthwise folds and eleven triangular ones.

The American flag isn't folded in this manner because the thirteen folds correspond to the original thirteen states, or because the folding produces a shape resembling a cocked hat, or because each of the folds has a special symbolic meaning. The flag is folded this way simply because it provides a dignified ceremonial touch that distinguishes folding a flag from folding an ordinary object such as a bed sheet, and because it results a visually pleasing, easy-to-handle shape. That this process requires thirteen folds is coincidental, not the product of design.

An even more elaborate flag folding ceremony has since been devised for special occasions such as Memorial Day and Veterans Day, one which incorporates the association of particular symbolic meanings with each fold of the flag. These associations are "real" in the sense that they mean something to the people who participate in the ceremony, but they are not the reason why a flag is folded in the traditional thirteen-step manner.