From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:22 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1141 517TH PRCT - JUNE 23, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

  Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

     As of June22th           517th Portland Reunion  July 17-21, 2006

               0
             Days left to close of Hotel Registration
                              Prices for the 517th Registration of  $ 88 or $ 99 daily  rate cannot be guaranteed after June 20

               29
               Days until Reunion D-Day - July 17th

                              Please submit your choice of the various events at the earlies date as we must make plans for number of participants

Gene Frice, President and the valiant Portland Planning Committee

Jeanne Davis

Hi Ben,

The countdown also shows zero time to make reservations for the hotel in Portland.  We have been given a new date of June 25th.  So people........you still have time to get reservations for the hotel.....without competition with the general public. Time is running out for guaranteed availability.........until the end of the day June 25th..........come and get it !!!!!

Pat Armstrong

Hi Ben,

My name is Pat Armstrong.  My father Gilbert Chaney was in the 517 PRCT, Co. B, scout #7761.  A few weeks ago while at the V.A. we met Mr. & Mrs. Richard Wheeler who informed us about Mail Call.  I have enjoyed the Mail Calls he has forwarded to us and would like to receive Mail Call.  My e-mail address is parmstrong56@insight.rr.com.  I would appreciate any info from others who might remember my dad, as his memory is failing.

Jeanne Davis
Ben,

Here is the most recent list of reunion attendees.

Thanks,

Jeanne Davis

Athey, Edward (son-in-law Mike Black)
Barrett, Ben
Baysinger Richard (cousin of Don Gentry)
Bowman, Kay (Jonientz d'tr)
Broudy, Bruce (Liz)
Case, Ted
Cason, Jack (Veta)
Chestnut, Albert Bruce (Louise, Judie Edwards, Cookie Millwood)
Cook, Charlie (Bernice)
Curtis, Bud (Lory, Tim sons)
Dalrymple, Robert
Davis, Gerald (Bettye)
Davis, Ponnie
Dean, Leo
Demmell, Richard
Derbin, Charles (Vera) canceled
Edwards, Patrick- Keith Edwards - Alyce & Bill Edwards
Erickson, Severin "Swede"
Fraser, Don-Bonnie Littlefield  Nancy Armand  Vera Anderson
Gentry, Don (cousin Richard Baysinger
Gibbons, Lud (Donahoo, Marty)
Hart, Robert (Kathy)
Hobson, Roger, (Danna)
Homedew, Robin
Hudson, William Gloria
Hutcheson, Bellenden "Hutch" friend of Bob Rust
Jeffus, Barbara (Willmart, Gary)
Jorgen, Virginia
Kachalsky, Richard (Lillian & son, Lowell)
Kennedy, Richard & (Mickey, dtr Sandra)
Knopf, John (John son)
Lecklider, Bob (Nancy)
MacRae, William (Mahlide, Karen d'tr)
McAvoy, Thomas (Anna)
McKeon, Bernard (Joan)
Perkins, Les (Betty)
Pratt, Charles (Betsy)
Roberts, Harold (Jeanne)
Rust, Bob (Katie)
Scott, Panna sis Mercedes Cantu
Scott, Willard
Sliakis, Joe (Sue)
Sperry,A.L.
Traver, Myrle (Betty)
Warren, N. & M. Peterson
Warren,Nicholas & Marguerite Peterson
Welborn, Guy (Dixie)
Williams, Curtis
Wyatt, Willard and Bruce

[...]

Darrell Egner

Ben

This will confirm my conversations with you that I favor Option 3 for future Reunions.  I read Helen Beddows comments in Mail Call 1140 and I agree 100% with her about having Reunions in various locations such as the East and the West Coast and the Midwest with a different location each year.

As you know I will be in Texas during the Portland Reunion.  This is a long term commitment.  The Frice clan sure has done a wonderful job putting this together and I wish I could be there.  Portland is a wonderful city and I am sure all those that are going will have a ball.  I lived there in 1951 and my company gave me a promotion (ya right?) to New York City.  Six months later I made a trip to Florida, got sand in my shoes and I have been here ever since.

Keep up the good work Ben and have a great time in Portland.

Darrell Egner