From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 7:53 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1145 517TH PRCT-JULY 3, 2006
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello
I may have sent last Mail Call without blind copy method and if so you got my complete address book ( about 340 ) before you got to the mail.
When that happens you can surmise that things did not go smooth that day.

  Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006

Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

 Walt  Smith

Our dear friend Ben, who is up late on Sunday night (8:26 PM)  to put out the latest mail call, and Tom Cross who though having their own aging bodies restricting their activities, at least manage to throw out wise suggestions  for the continuation of the 517 legacy. My own current physical limitation has prevented my attending the National at Portland, though I can not improve on such suggestions as I just read in the July 2 Mail Call.  God Bless those two and so many more, too numerous for my mind to recall  who work so feverishly to further the 517th cause!  You all make me proud to have been a part of this great organization.   - Long live the auxiliary ---- Walt W Smith

Claire Giblin

Ben
I think that Dad and I will discuss being the contact people for the 2007 reunion if  1)we can use Armed Forces Reunions and 2) we can have it in the Washington DC area.  Ben Barrett concurs and will also help.  Leo Dean doesn't know this, but he'll be helping, too.  I realize that prior reunions have been held in DC, but it's been some time, and this would be a great opportunity to see the WWII memorial.  DC has many attractions, all free plus the cost of transportation.  I'd be looking at May to late June or so.  We're not firm until all the details are in place

Claire Giblin, Auxiliary 2nd VP

daughter Allan Johnson, 596

Jesse Darden

I just read mail-call # 1144, here is my comments as to Tom Cross & Darrel Egner's statements, It's about time the BOARD of Directors take the bull by the horns and make some decisions as to the future of the 517th PRCT. Portland is the time to do this  (Think about it)    Jesse Darden 460th 517th PRCT.

Gene Frice

 Subject: IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...

> >> A mother asked President Bush,
> >> "Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"
> >>
> >> Another mother asked President Kennedy,
> >> "Why did my son have to die in Viet Nam?"
> >>
> >> Another mother asked President Truman,
> >> "Why did my son have to die in Korea?
> >>
> >> Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt,
> >> "Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima?"
> >>
> >> Another mother asked President W. Wilson,
> >> "Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France?"
> >>
> >> Yet another mother asked President Lincoln,
> >> "Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"
> >>
> >> And yet another mother asked President George Washington,
> >> "Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge?"
> >>
> >> Then long, long ago, a mother asked...
> >> "Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of
> > Jerusalem?"
> >>
> >> The answers to all these are similar --
> >> "So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and
freedom."

> >> This was emailed to me with no author and I thought the magnitude and
the
> > simplicity were awesome ...
> >>
> >> IF YOU DON'T STAND
> >> BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
> >> PLEASE, FEEL FREE...
> >> TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Bob Dalrymple

   These are actual newspaper ads:

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER. 8 years old. Hateful little bitch. Bites.

FREE PUPPIES: 1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog.

FREE PUPPIES... Part German Shepherd, part stupid dog

FREE GERMAN SHEPHERD 85 lbs. Neutered. Speaks German.

FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG Looks like a rat ... been out a while.  Better be
a reward for this nasty little thing.

COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.. Also 1 gay bull for sale.

NORDIC TRACK $300 Hardly used, call Chubby

GEORGIA PEACHES, California grown - 89 cents lb.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY! Must sell washer and dryer $300

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE. WORN ONCE BY MISTAKE Call Stephanie.

(AND THE BEST ONE)

FOR SALE BY OWNER: Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica. 45 volumes.
Excellent condition. $1,000 or best offer. No longer needed, got married
last month. Wife knows everything.