From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 9:54 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1151 517TH PRCT- JULY 10,2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

  Annual Reunion
July 17-22, 2006
Portland, OR

REGISTRATION FORM

JEAN MICHEL & ERIC, AIRBORNE MUSEUM LE MUY,

HI BEN, AND ALL FRIENDS OF THE 517th.

LIZY AND I HAVE OUR PASSPORTS IN HAND ! ALLELUIA !

MISS YOU ALL ! WE WILL TELL YOU TOMORROW THE DAY WE WILL ARRIVE BUT WE ARE SO HAPPY TO BE TOGETHER ONE MORE TIME.
WE ARE EXCITED LIKE THE FIRST REUNION WE MAKE 10 YEARS AGO ALREADY... THAT WAS AT PALM SPRINGS... YOUR GREAT AND WARMEST HOSPITALITY BE THIS DAY THE PUNCH AND MOTIVATION WE HAVE AND ALWAYS PERPETUATE TO HONORATE THE 517th.
THE LITTLE MUSEUM BECAME A "VETERAN RENDEZ VOUS" AND HAVE NOW MORE THAN 5000 VISITORS EACH SUMMER; THE TOWN, HIS MAYOR AND US PLAN FOR A NEW EXPANSION PROJECT OF AROUND 500 SQUARE METERS AND WE ARE ACTUALLY WORKING WITH ATTORNEYS FOR A TOTAL PROTECTION OF ALL THE ITEMS, PHOTOS, DOCUMENTS, DONATIONS WE COLLECTED FOR THE MUSEUM.
WE ARE YOUNG, BUT ARE THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE, THE NEW GENERATIONS, EVERYTHING WILL BE DONE TO PROTECT FOR EVER ALL WE DID AND CONTINUE DOING FOR THE U.S AIRBORNES IN SOUTHERN FRANCE ACTION.
WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE PROJECT TOGETHER;
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY !!

Bob Dalrymple

Dear Howard. That was such a beautiful message . You have been an outstanding leader just at the time we needed some new thinking and new action . I regret not being able to see you and your wife in Portland . You know, I can't recall that we have ever met . I regret that also . With much affection, admiration, and A/B Brotherly Love (My A/BBL). Sincerely, Bob

Tom Stadler

HI BEN
HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL.
HAVE A ENJOYABLE REUNION. AFTER ALL, THE VICTORY IN EUROPE MUST BE RE-AFFIRMED.
BEST REGARDS
TOM

Bob Darlymple

Subject: A Friend

Boom Boom Alicki
Re: Mail Call No. 1150  517th PRCT 7/09/06. George W. Cavnar

1944 Roster shows that he was a PFC in my Demolition Platoon. After WWII when he returned to his home in Shorewood, Illinois we communicated at least once a year around Christmas Time on and off until l999 when his mail was returned indicating a new address in Houston, Texas.

Last 2004 517th Roster shows his address to be in Akron, Ohio.

Boom  Boom Alicki

Pat Seitz

Ben:  we enjoyed the animal questions in the July 9th Mail Call.  (Of course I got them wrong, but I got a wonderful laugh.  Pat