From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 7:27 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1160 517TH PRCT- JULY 31, 2006

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

 This may be the last Mail Call for a few weeks. We will get moving on the 2007 reunion plans for Washington soon after I get back and Claire, our coordinator with AFR,  gets back from Europe. Send  Mail. I'll try to answer it.

Jeanne Davis
In my haste to get a message out.....I forgot to mention 2 very important people that were a ton of help on the reunion.  (Gene's 3rd and 5th off-spring)  My apologies to Robin (Frice) Homedew, who is really the other half of my brain.  She did all the name tags and tickets for the events for the reunion, and worked the hospitality room like the trooper she is.  And Mark Frice, who did all of the really great  candid photographs, that were just laid on the table for anyone's taking.  Good for me because that's all the photos I have of the whole week.  Anyhow, I wanted to close that gap before I was excommunicated from the family.......you know the one.....Davis-Frice.  Thanks to both again, and again.

Best regards,
Jeanne Davis

                                               ***************

Jeanne still left out the most involved person in making the reunion a success and that person is Jeanne Davis, - Ben

 Karl Locker

Thank you very much for the update - I will look forward to seeing his docs on the 517th site.  We really do appreciate all you do, Ben, I hope to be able to thank you in person some day soon.

Karl A. Locker, CPA, P.C.
PO Box 5331
Austin, TX 78763-5331

Boom Boom Alicki

Today marks a very special occasion.
It is the 50th Anniversary of our National Motto, "In God We Trust."
Despite challenges and ongoing controversy from the ACLU and others, our National Motto has stood the test of time for 50 years!  And the ACLJ is committed to preserving it for decades to come.
Use of the slogan "In God We Trust" dates back to the War of 1812.  Fearing for the fate of America while watching the British attack Fort McHenry, Francis Scott Key penned the words to the Star Spangled Banner.  One line in the final stanza says, "And this be our motto - In God is our trust."
On July 30, 1956 - 50 years ago today - Congress passed legislation making "In God We Trust" our National Motto ... to reaffirm America's unique history and to distinguish us from atheistic nations who recognize no authority higher than the State.
It is a wonderful tribute to the morals and principles upon which our nation was founded.
And yet, there are certainly those who would like to eliminate "In God We Trust" from our country's landscape.
Just recently, Michael Newdow challenged our National Motto in a federal district court in California.
With the help of ACLJ members across America, we responded immediately.  We filed an amicus brief on behalf of 47 members of Congress ...
... and the case was dismissed, as it has been time and again over the years.  The court ruled that our National Motto has nothing to do with the establishment of religion.
Read more about the history of our National Motto and the ACLJ's efforts to protect it.
Thank you for standing with us as we work to preserve our nation's religious heritage - and fight for your constitutional rights and freedoms across the country.
Happy 50th anniversary to our National Motto!

Scott Atkinson