From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:09 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1165 517TH PRCT- AIGIST 20, 2006
Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We have had mail from Merle McMorrow concerning the illness of  Aime Leocard and now an update from Jean Michel and Eric. Aime attended many of our reunions and countless know of him, We will  get more information about Aime. Aime was in the French Resistance and became a good friend of the 517.

Ben

Gene Frice, Lud Gibbons, Aime Leocard, Leo Dean, Allan Johnson, Merle McMorrow at 6th University 2004
Reunions            Kissimmee , CA     Mini               January 21-25
 2007                     Palm Springs, CA Mini               April
                               Washington, DC   National        June
Details later

Jean Michel and Eric

We just have news from our friend Aimé Léocard by Tony Di Pietro, American Legion commander , still in the hospital cause of his legs, not able to walk but a good moral, he will be so happy to hear from letters supporting his health, you can send us via Email some, I will print them and plan to visit him soon.
Regards Jean Michel and Eric

Bob Dalrymple

Dear Ben. I want to thank  Merle McMorrow for the info on our old friend, Aime Leocard. I've been hunting for him for a year or so . Bob Dalrymple

Darrell Egner

 I am so sorry to hear of Silas' passing.  My condolences and prayers go to his wonderful family.

The last time I had the privilege of talking to Silas was at the Florida Mini in Bradenton.  He will be missed as he was one of the finest gentlemen in the 517 and such a pleasure to be around.  Needless to say so was his loving family.

My best to the family,

Darrell Egner

Claire Giblin

Hi, Ben -

We are so sorry to hear of the passing of Silas Brown just the day after the 62nd anniversary of your invasion.  We've enjoyed seeing Silas, his wife, and daughter Donna at the reunions.

Our very best to them at this difficult time.  Silas was a wonderful and quiet gentleman, and it was our privilege to know him.  The fact that it was 5:17 pm, though, gives me a bit of a sad smile.  His heart belonged to the 517.

Claire Giblin

daughter Allan Johnson, 596

Frm Mickael, Lizy, Eric& Laurence, AIRBORNE MUSEUM LE MUY FRANCE

WHAT A GREAT AND UNFORGETTABLE TIME WE SPEND ALL TOGETHER !

LIZY AND ME REALLY WANT TO THANKS THE VETERANS WHO HELP US FOR THEIR HELP TO MAKE OUR TRIP POSSIBLE, ALL OF YOU FOR YOU WARMEST HOSPITALITY, AND ESPECIALLY THE DAVIS AND FRICES FAMILY FOR THE GREAT JOB THEY DID TOGETHER MAKE THIS REUNION WONDERFUL, AND THE REST OF OUR TRIP IN THEIR HOME SO NICE.
respectfully
J. MICKAEL & LIZY

FROM MICKAEL AND ERIC AIRBORNE MUSEUM LE MUY

A BIT BUSY THOSE LAST DAYS BUT WE THINK OF YOU ALL DEAR FRIENDS AT THIS SPECIAL OCCASION, AND ALSO TO ALL YOU BUDDY WHO GAVE THEIR LIFE FOR OUR FREEDOM...
GREAT CELEBRATION WITH OUR FRIENDS LEO DEAN RGT HQ 517TH, ALAN JOHNSON 596TH ENG AND HIS LOVELY FAMILY.
WARMEST REGARDS.
MICKAEL & ERIC  jimi-lizy@infonie.fr