From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1168 517TH PRCT-AUGUST
 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Reunions              Kissimmee , CA    Mini               January 21-25
 2007                     Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                               Washington, DC  National          June
Details later

Walt Smith

 Ben, it is a habit of mine to enlarge  to font size 12 or larger due to my own eyesight's gradual weakening. Since you are slightly my elder with me at 83, my query is:  What font is best for you?
 At any rate, in this last email, your many loyal mail call contributors, as usual, react in awe of the prowess of you and your son in maintaining such a wonderfully maintained website Of course you know that all of us are very grateful that this website is available to us.
Best wishes to Helen Beddow, that awesome Savannah great lady.  May her hospital stay be short and all go well for her.
walt smith

Bob Hart

Ben, Want to thank Gene and all his group for a great reunion. Also good to see you there. Meeting with the Army Rangers  was highlight of everything, especially how enthused they were after 6 tours in combat areas. I'm not too sure how enthused my wife is about river rafting since she was the only one who volunteered to try to swim the rapids.  Bob Hart

Tom McAvoy

Hey Howard  H.    If I am not mistaken,  Wakeman  jumped in the same plane
as I into Southern France. Same plane as  Lt. Col. Zais, Major Vella,
and John Neiler.  We dropped 50 miles behind the lines,  I broke my back in
5 places on the drop, and was taken to a French Village (Seillans) to be
cared for and treated,  if possible. 6 days later we were taken by a
stolen dump truck (from the Germans) back to the American lines, actually
to a hospital set up on the beach,  The point of my remark,  Wakeman I
believe showed up ( in Seillans ) along with 5-6 other 517 people to be
transported by the same truck as I to the American hospital, Beachhead,
I had no idea he and the other injured 517 people were in the same town
as I,  I never knew how bad his injuries were, but he was walking.  Tom
McAvoy

A Friend

The  Red Planet is about to be spectacular!

This  month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an   encounter
that
will culminate in the closest  approach  between the two planets in
recorded  history. The next  time Mars may come this close is
in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on
Mars and perturbs its orbit,  astronomers can only be
certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth
in the last 5,000 years, but it may be as long  as
60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter  will culminate on August 27th when
Mars comes to within  34,649,589 miles of Earth and
will be (next to the moon) the  brightest object in
the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9
and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest
75-power magnification...

Mars  will look as large as the full moon to the naked  eye.

Mars will be easy to spot. At the
beginning of August it will rise  in the east at 10 p.m.
and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are
closest,  Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its
highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m.  That's pretty
convenient to see something that no human being  has
seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at
the beginning of August to see Mars grow
progressively brighter  and brighter throughout the
month.

Share  this with your children and  grandchildren.

NO  ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

SALLY =
Boom Boom Alicki

Tattoo Of The Year

Give us a sense of humor, Lord,
Give us the grace to see a joke,

To get some humor out of life,
And pass it on to other folk.

Can you imagine sitting behind him in church??