From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:32 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1173 517TH PRCT- AUGUST 29, 2006
 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello,

Paratroopers' Odyssey can be order from Bob Christie 390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10C Bradenton, Fl. 34205-7904  rjcx517@aol.com for $22.50.

Reunions              Kissimmee , CA    Mini               January 21-25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA Mini                April
                                Washington, DC   National        June 27-JULY 2

Bob Sweet

Hello Ben,

Just thought I'd drop a line to say thank you again on behalf of the Brown
Family. The email from Mr. Hensleigh, hit home with me when he mentioned
the 81mm Mortar's. Because of Major Browns pride of his involvement with
the 517th PRCT, and due to the fact that is what he did in the 517th we
thought it befitting to store some of his ashes in an "inert" 81mm Mortar
round. I'm sure I'm on someone's "terrorists watch list" with all the phone
calls, emails and gun show I attended trying to find one of these (LOL!)
His grandson James Lerch did a great job of making it "presentable" and
I've included a picture of it with this email. The rest of his ashes will
make his final jump with a paratrooper from the 82nd Airborne at the Ft.
Bragg drop zone on Dec.29th which is his and Marjorie's 60th anniversary.
It was great to see Mr.& Mrs. Bill Webb at the memorial also. It turned
out real well and with the Honor Guard it was a very moving experience
which I'm sure all the fuss would have embarrassed Major Brown (in a good
way). I've also included a picture of Mrs. Brown and the Honor Guard
toasting the Major (afterwards of course). And a member of the family that
couldn't resist marching with the honor guard. Again thank you all for
your kind words and prayers, and we look forward to seeing you at the up
coming reunions.
Sincerely,
Bob Sweet
On behalf of the Brown Family

 Virginia Jorgen

Dear Ben,     I did write to you shortly after the reunion in Portland, but I guess my message was one that was lost.  I wanted to thank all the great kids (that includes older ones, too, who made the reunion so great.    Thanks to all the Davises and Frices and all the others, ..    for a wonderful time  I know they worked very hard. I had never
been to a reunion before.   Boy,  what wonderful times I have been missing. It was sure great chatting with all those wonderful folks.   And you, too, Ben, it was nice getting to finally meet you.   I do want to thank you for keeping this website going.

I'm so sorry my husband, Andy, didn't know anything about the 517th website and the reunions.  I know he would have loved to see some of his old buddies in E-Company.   There doesn't seem to be many left in that company, though.   How sad.

I am looking forward to Washington, D.C. next year.   Now my two daughters want to go, too.

Everybody stay healthy now.

Sincerely,

Virginia Jorgen

 John Branswig

Hello Mr. Ron Robinson,

Perhaps your brother in law Mr Harms recalls my father in law from Company A.  Ed Marconi from Brooklyn NY, now deceased.  Jumped in Dragoon, wounded in the bulge, occupation army in Germany.

Regards,

John Bramswig
Boom Boom Alicki

                                   IT TAKES ALL KINDS

    A lot of people are like wheel-barrows----no good unless pushed.
   Some are like canoes----they need to be paddled.
   Some are like kites----if a string isn't kept on them, they'll fly away.
   Some are like kittens----they are contended when petted.
   Some are like footballs----you can't tell which way they'll bounce next.
   Some are like balloons----full of wind and need to blow up.
   Some are like trailers----they have to be pulled.
   Some are like lights----they keep going on and off.
   Many, thank God, are like the North Star, there when you need them.  Dependable, ever loyal, and a guide to all 517th Parachute Combat Team family.

     Yeah!  That's Bob and Ben Barrett for a job well done.

 Friend

Our old friend, Wm. H "Bill" Fenton, recently
retired from the phone company and, to help
fill his days, now accompanies his wife on her
shopping trips to the local Walmart.

We know Bill and, therefore, can only speculate that
extreme boredom has led to his recent disruptive
behavior at the local Walmart...

Dear Mrs. Fenton,

Over the past six months, your husband, Mr. Bill Fenton has been causing
quite a commotion in our store.  We cannot tolerate this type of  behavior
and have considered banning the entire family from shopping in any
of our stores.

We have documented all incidents on our video surveillance equipment.
Three of our clerks are attending counseling from the trouble your
husband has caused.  All complaints against Mr. Fenton have been
compiled and are listed below.

Mr. Wally Worrywart
President
Wal-Mart Complaint Department

-
MEMO

Re: Mr. Bill Fenton - Complaints - 15 Things Mr. Bill Fenton has done
while his spouse/partner is shopping:

1. June 15,  took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's
carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2, set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute
intervals.

3. July 7, made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the
rest rooms.

4. July 19,  walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone,
"Code 3 in Housewares..."  and watched what happened.

5. August 4,  went to the Service Desk and asked to put a bag of M&M's
on lay away.

6.  September 14,  moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted  area.

7.  September 15,  Set up a tent in the camping department and told
other
shoppers he'd invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding
department.

10. November 10, While handling guns in the hunting department, asked
the clerk if he knows where the antidepressants are.

11. December 3, Darted around the store suspiciously loudly humming
the "Mission Impossible" theme.

13. December 18,  Hid in a clothing rack and when people browse
through, yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"

14. December 21:  When an announcement came over the loud speaker,
he assumes the fetal position and screams "NO! NO! It's those
voices again!!!!"

(And; last, but not least!)

15. December 23:  Went into a fitting room, shut the door and waited a
while; then, yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"