From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:33 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1180 517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 9, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello,
Has anyone news about Martha Berg? Last three mails to her were undeliverable.

When you send  changes in your address to me also send them to Tom Reber reber83@insightbb.com . so that he can attempt to keep the roster  www.517prct.org/roster.pdf  up to date. Only Tom could take on this task

Reunions              Kissimmee , FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA   Mini                April
                                Washington, DC     National        June 27 - July 2

Bob Christie

Ben, I think Wade Gilbert's offer is great. I would like to receive some input from Howard. Right now I am up to my neck updating our Donations roster for Donna. She has offered to keep it updated for me and compare it with the Mailing List to identify those who aren't paying for the Thunderbolt. Someone said it would be a good idea to send statements to everyone on the mailing list to remind them when their donation is due. I think that is a good idea, however I don't have the staff that Don Lassen has for the "Static Line". Right now I have all I can handle. Bob

Ben, After further thought on the Thunderbolt, maybe we could hire a Business Mgr. and an Advertising Mgr. Bob

Michael J and Eric

Ben,
Here is some nice photos of this year, that we will be happy to see on the site,
thank you Mickael & Eric

Lyn Vickers

eBay: WW2 517TH P.I.R ROSTER BOOK CHRISTMAS 1944 BATTLE BULGE (item 140026923977 end time Sep-14-06 08:51:42 PDT)

A reprinted item, but still makin' a buck off you folks...

The Widdah Lyn, Cocoa, and Poopin Pepper the Crappin Cajun
                                                           **********
We have the book, on our website  December 1944 roster -Ben

Michael and Eric

Hi Ben, Here is the photos in 4 parts of the F company, unfortunately we are not able to put all those names on it but may be Gene Frice or Gary can be of good help.. that will be nice for the museum exhibit. We put names of vets we recognize and met.. continue the job fellows !.. and that will be nice for us and your web site..
regards
Mickael & Eric

\

Bob Barrett

Dad,

As you know, we put an entry about the 517 PRCT into the Wikipedia, the free, public-maintained, online encyclopedia.  I noticed that a few new entries have been added, containing biographies of some of the 517th officers.  Someone has now added wikipedia pages for Melvin Zais, George Dunaway, and David Grange, in addition to a couple that were already there -- Joe David Brown and Terry Sanford.  If you go to the 517 PRCT entry, you can click on the new links under "Famous Soldiers of the 517th".

Bob B.

Boom Boon Alicki

Iranian president Mahmud Ahmadinejad calls President Bush and tells him, "George, I had a wonderful dream last night. I could see America, the whole beautiful country, and on each house I saw a banner."

"What did it say on the banners?" Bush asks. Mahmud replies, "ALLAH IS GOD, GOD IS ALLAH."

Bush says, "You know, Mahmud, I am really happy you called. Last night I had a similar dream. I could see all of Tehran, and it was more beautiful than ever. It had been rebuilt completely, and on each house flew an enormous banner."

"What could you see on the banners?" Mahmud says.

Bush replies, "I don't know, I can't read Hebrew."

Chris Lindner
Hi All:

You really have to watch this.  It is sooooo funny.

Chris

This is so funny.  You have to open it up and turn your volume on.  ha ha
My kind of humor.  ha ha