From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:24 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1181 517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 10,2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello,
Has anyone news about Martha Berg? Last three mails to her were undeliverable.

When you send  changes in your address to me also send them to Tom Reber reber83@insightbb.com . so that he can attempt to keep the roster  www.517prct.org/roster.pdf  up to date. Only Tom could take on this task

Reunions              Kissimmee , FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA   Mini                April
                                Washington, DC     National        June 27 - July 2

Michael and Eric

just few words to tell that we remember, our country will celebrate the terrible day of the 11 of September. we will be close to you in our prayers. Mickael and eric.

Harris Johnson

Ben,

Enlisted man Lawrence P. Shipp, 517th Service Company -Italy through Battle of the Bulge - died early Saturday morning, 9 September 2006, in Norfolk, Virginia.

His papers will come to me and if there is anything of possible interest to the group, I will pass it along.

Harris Johnson

Tom Reber

I am re-sending the 517th roster with all of the recent corrections.  My wife and I both fly out tomorrow for business trips (different destinations), and I wanted you all to have the most recent copies.  Again, watch the tabs and different data sorts.

I think by pushing all of the address changes directly to me, Bob & Ben, it will make Bob Christie's life much less complicated.

Bob Christie, my overdue dues are coming!

Wishing you all the best.

Tom Reber
Virginia Jorgen

Ben, So sorry about that.   I will have to call her to find out.   I must have gotten it wrong.   Will let you know.   Boy, you sure have been having great MailCalls lately.     Virginia

Billie Hiers

Billie and Ludwick Hiers (460 just recently located us. - Ben)

Good Sunday Afternoon, Ben.

What follows  is from Billie for Lucky Hiers, Sr.  He's having a "puny" day, but you must know the wonderful emotions your mail calls elicit as Lucky begins to remember people and details that had been buried in his very busy mind.  He will be "dictating" information to you that you may share.

Lucky has a wonderful story that relates to Sospel, but that is his story to tell...soon hopefully.   We will look forward to whatever pics Patricia and Roland (ORENGO) are able to share.  He also has a hand drawn map of a trip to Nancy, France that we will try to get to you.  He was, at that time, a jeep driver and did not want to get lost.

Washington, DC  National           June 27 - July 2, 2007
We have those dates marked down and will be planning our life (visits to children and grandchildren) marked on the calendar.  You do know about the "best laid plans of mice and men."   We plan to be there.

It has been heartwarming to see the French people's continued memory and appreciation for what all the WWII VETS did for them.  It is a picture of how individuals in ANY country should try to separate PEOPLE from GOVERNMENTS.  I've not heard any WWII vet say that they are sorry to have been there just helping out.

Matt (ANDERSON)  (ADT)
Ben:  This is a wonderful idea and I know Lucky would love to go ... and love to jump (if allowed by the ADT).

PLEASE LET MATT Anderson KNOW THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MORE INFO.  After that ... we'll try to meet any deadlines that Matt/ADT has in order to be a part of this.  I'm not a Veteran so I, at least, would take care of my fare.  Even as I write I have to remind myself that Lucky is already 84, but few people seem to realize it.  He recently acknowledged the decrease of his energy.  I said to him "Well, honey, you ARE 84."  With no response from Lucky I also said:  "You didn't expect THIS did you?"  Lucky told me "No, it really surprised me."

 Patricia and Roland Orengo

more pictures of Cannes

Bob Dalrymple

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:47 PM