From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:20 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1185 517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 17, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello,

When you send  changes in your address to me also send them to Tom Reber reber83@insightbb.com . so that he can attempt to keep the roster  www.517prct.org/roster.pdf  up to date. Only Tom could take on this task

Reunions              Kissimmee , FL     Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA Mini                April
                                Washington, DC   National        June 27 - July 2

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  Interesting to see J. Lowton Collins' and Mat Ridgway's signatures on the same page of the well deserved tribute to the First Battalion, Bill Boyle and Don Fraser.  As I recall both of these generals had continuing, distinguished Army careers and were Chief of Staff of the Army.  Lightning Joe Collins' niece is with us here at Fleet Landing.    Howard Hensleigh

Dixie Welborn

Hi, Ben ---- I think I wrote you a couple of months ago --- unfortunately, we lost Martha Berg to cancer and Oscar has relocated to an assisted living complex in Mount Vernon, WA  98274 --- address is 1810 Division Street, #412.

Thanks for all of your hard work --=

Dixie Welborn

Kenneth Cavnar

Add name ro emal Roster

Kenneth Cavnar,16202 Ladino Run ,Cypress ,Tx. 77429  Walt Smith
Walt Smith

Hi Ben, I just read Chris Linder's email asking the progress of your son's leg.   I had not heard anything from you or Bob  about a problem with his leg.  I had started this note and paused long enough to finish that email to find Bob's comment to another writer at the bottom of the email.  He stated that "an operation on his knee" had been a part of his delay on some projects.  Of course, I was curious as to whether he had a new metal knee joint.  my wife, Peanie, has such a joint.  We all, who are older than Bob, have a few problems with our underpinnings.  (Lumbar stenosis (sp?) of the spine has given me pain in my legs until I got two thirds through  a therapy program).
Hope you are pain-free, Ben.......Walt Smith

Heather Cowan Riley

Hi Ben,
 I saw the message about the citations.  I will look tomorrow in Daddy's files and get them together.  I also have one of the magazine articles photographed for you from the first edition of the Blue Book magazine that is so talked about.  Please send me your address and I will mail you copies of the citations and the CD of the photos of the article.  Also, I need to know where to send our dues for the Thunderbolt.  We have not paid since the Savannah reunion and are way overdue.  I think an update of whom to send the dues to would be helpful in the Mailcall.  I appreciate and admire all you do.
Love,
Heather Cowan Riley

Mickael, Eric and .. Adrien

Hello to you all !

Here is a photo of my son Adrien, now 16th years old. I am very proud of him and the interest he have to the memory of your great unit.. he is a new generation and it reconfort me to know that he will perpetuate the honor of the U.S airborne in south France..
This summer celebration was so special for him.. He bought a copy of a WWII jump suit, and when I come back from Portland reunion we talk together of you all, and our special friend "granPa " Gary DAVIS, F co..
Gary Davis' grandmother was Indian, and when Gary jumped in LE MUY, he shave his hairs as Indians, and camouflaged both sides of his skin head Green and Black..
Adrien my son asked me : Pa , I would like to have this year hair cut as Gary had in 1944 to honorate him, and all his friends of the 517th.."!  His mum was not really agree.. but that's what we did...! and here is Adrien !!!

regards
Mickael, Eric and .. Adrien