From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:52 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL 1190 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 23, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset,  MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello

Our deepest sympathy to Howard Hensleigh on the passing of his wife Jan.  Many got now Jan well at recent reunions and like Howard  she was always upbeat.

Reunions              Kissimmee , FL      Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

Recent website additions:
  Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form
John Copsey, Fritz Crytzer, I Company
photos and documents of Eugene Markle 596 PEC
Biography of Randolph Coleman, F Company

Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  Here is good advice -- don't give it.  Now for Bob -- quit playing soccer and do a lot of walking rather than running.  I have a lot of scars on my left knee resulting in cleaning out the junk that developed from my third jump and all the things I have done since.  A spinal cord injury will eliminate the pain, but I don't recommend it.  Having said that, here is how I take medical advice -- I was told that I should give up my manual wheel chair five years ago, but I'm still in it.  My rotary cuff problems will put me in a battery operated chair next week, but I'm hoping after a couple of weeks of rest I will be back getting my exercise in the manual.  So, Bob, get all the advice you can and then do what makes sense to you.  You will have to live with it not the doctors.  I knew you usually get two different opinions when you ask two lawyers.  Now that disease has spread to the medical profession. HANG IN THERE.

Now for some sad news.  Jan passed away yesterday after a massive cerebral hemorrhage induced by coumadin , age, four kids and a lot of miles on the speedometer.  I introduced her to the 517th at our first reunion in Chicago in 1949   She has loved troopers ever since and has insisted in accompanying me to many reunions.  At some of them we had the patrolling third Bn. S-2 section intact.  She always seemed to be able to get us a special room for us to enjoy our feasts (USUALLY MUCH BETTER THAN K RATIONS).  I hit the caps key accidentally and decided that was meant to be.  At Savannah she was delighted to play a part in getting the Auxiliary started and was very happy to see it taking shape with the participation of younger troopers.  We had made plans to attend the reunion in Washington and I have not entirely given up on that although it will be more difficult.  In trooper vernacular, Jan went out with her boots on.  If she suffered, it was only for a few minutes and then it was over.  If one must go that is not a bad way to do it.  I'm sure she is up there looking down on you, so if there are any good things that happen in your life, she may be responsible.

For Jan, me and the kids, we thank you for the privilege of association with you during all these years.  Our love to all.  Howard Hensleigh

From Eric and Mickael, Le Muy Airborne Museum France.

We are very sad from Barney mail informing that friend Al Paciotti passed away last month, we met him at several reunions, and would like to express our sincere condolences to the family and all his friends of the 517th. here his a nice photo remembering the good time we spend together in Columbus. GA 1999.
LtoR: Eric, Wild Bill, Mel Biddle (CMH), Al Paciotti, and Mickael.

We would like to also sent a photo of a good friend of the museum, We heard from doc Lecklider at Portland reunion that he passed away last year, his memory, as many of you always host a great place in our hearts and the soul Museum.
A company John Moore

                                                             Lassen, Boyle, Mickael,  Moore, Eric
,Mickael, Boyle, Biddle, Picotti, Eric

   Mickael and J Moore