From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:57 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1193 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 26, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset,  MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

  MAIL CALL   Click to play or right-click and save MP3 file.   Signals personnel to assemble for the distribution of mail.
Click on Speaker.

Reunions              Kissimmee, FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

Recent website additions:

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

C.A.D.U.S.A.

Dear Ben,
We would like to express our condolences and sympathy to Howard and to his family. Our prayers are with them for the passing of her dear Jan. We never forget her kindness to us as we met her in Savannah last year. She was a wonderful Lady. We are also very sad because we received bad news from Grace Paciotti. Al Paciotti passed away on 8.15.06; he is buried at Riverside National Cemetery, a Military Funeral with honors. Al Paciotti was a very good friends for us and he visited us a few times. He used to play the violin when we had banquets all together and Grace and Al welcomed us in their home after the reunions of Kansas City and Palms Springs. Our Love to all of you. Arnold and Irma TARGNION and members of US  AIRBORNE COMMITTEE, Trois-Ponts Belgium

Tom Cross

  Dear Ben and Darrell:
    I had a long chat with Howard Hensleigh late this afternoon. I can report that he is bearing up well after his sudden loss of Jan, the love of his life. They were a great team as we found out by the way they managed to attend and support our Reunions. Howard is truly remarkable in the manner in which, in spite of his physical handicap and loss of Jan, he is determined to overcome his adversity with dignity and strength of character.
Regards, Tom
Jim and June Royer

Ben,  Please extend our sincere condolences to Howard and his family.
Jan's passing is a big loss to the 517th family and a great loss to
Howard personally. Our prayers and  may God's comforting arms give
Howard  love and grace during this time of sorrow.
                                Jim & June Royer

Jesse and Lou Darden

Ben so sorry to hear of Howard's wife passing Lou and I send him our sincere condolences  love to all of his family  Hope to see him in D,.C. Jesse  Darden & Lou.
 Susan Scherer Clark

Please pass on sincere condolences for the loss of his Jan from my father and myself.  I was never privileged to meet either in person but have marveled at their enthusiasm and love for the 517th.  May the Lord watch over you in these days and keep Jan safe for you.  Howard's love showed through so strongly.

Susan Scherer-Clark
Daughter of Roger Scherer
Pat Seitz

Ben:  We have just returned from a 25th wedding anniversary trip to Scotland (recreating part of our honeymoon) plus 4 days in London.  We are still basking in the fabulous glow of this very much needed vacation, though the amount of work that has piled up will put it to the glow to the test.
    Dad is doing magnificently.  I wish I had his stamina and drive.  It will be 5 weeks since the operation this Wednesday and he is already driving himself to his physical therapy, and only using a cane.  He is planning on going to DC October 7th for the AUSA convention assuming his doctor clears him to do so, and thus far looks like he will make it.
    He called to tell me the very sad news about Howard Hensleigh's wife.  In getting through all of the "dogs closest to me with their mouths wide open that I must deal with" I have not been able to look at Mail Call, so I don't know any more details than what Dad has shared.  But that sad news in conjunction with the news that Dad's youngest brother, Ed's wife died Saturday, has been a challenge to keep up the joyful view of life.  (Ed died the day before last Christmas followed by Ginny's death in February, so this year has been a challenging one for Dad as well as a lot of guys from the 517th).
    How are you doing?
    Sincerely, Pat and Alan