From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1199 517TH PRCT-OCTOBER 3, 2006

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset,  MA.  02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

  MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3
The best way to make reservations for the 2007 reunion is to call the        Doubletree Hotel Crystal City directly at 703 416 4100 or free reservation number 1 866-999-VIEW

Ben

Website                                  www.517prct.org

Reunions              Kissimmee, FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Recent website additions:
Photo of C Company 1st Platoon, Squad 2
Photos of Gene Markle and the 596th PCEC
200+ photos of Joe Broudy and A Company

Howard Hensleigh

While we are honoring troopers at Col de Braus, we should remember Art Riddler who was killed leading his G Co. platoon in taking Ridge X.  Without Ridge X, you do not have Col de Braus.  Howard Hensleigh

Adrianna Polk

Ben,

Jimi-Lizy

From Mickael & Eric, Airborne Museum Le MUY FRANCE

Hi Ben, in the last Email we read the program of Sospel and friend Floyd Polk ceremony, we cross this nice photo in Museum archives taken during a nice breakfast we had together with the Dillon and Polk family, in Bismark, 24.05.2001. please transmit a copy to Adrianna.
Warmest personal regards Mickael and Eric.
From Mickael & Eric, Airborne Museum Le MUY FRANCE

Scott Dionne

Ben,

Please remove me from all email lists. I originally requested info for my friend David Richards, who is now happily receiving info from your organization.

I don't support the war but I support the troops. Thanks for serving

Thanks
sd

Boom Boom Alicki

   Pat Seitz mentioned not too long ago about the importance of the 517th Prct members writing their autobiographies.  I agreed with her wholeheartedly.  Time is getting too short after these 60 some years past.

  For those who are interested the following prestigious organizations and museums will gladly accept your autobiography:

   Veterans History Project, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, DC.
   US Army Heritage and Education Center, Carlisle Barracks, PA.
   Museum de la Liberation de la Provence, France.
   Appalachian State University, Bell Library, Boone, NC.
   Stevin Oudshoor, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
   Genealogical Society of Utah, Nevada.
   The Pennsylvania Military Museum, Boalsburg, PA.
   National Museum of the U.S. Airforce, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.
   Ben or Bob Barrett, 70 Pleasant Street, Cohasset, MA 02025.
   U.S. Army Center of Military History Library, Fort McNair, Washington, DC.
   National Archives & Records Administration, College Park, Maryland.
   Airborne & Special Forces Operations Museum, Fayetteville, NC.
   Museum de la Liberation, 15 Aug. 1944, Le Muy, France.
   National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, Vale Gate, New York.
   Institute of WWII & Human Experience, Florida State University, Florida.
   National D-Day Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana.
   Toccoa/Stephens County Historical Museum, Toccoa, Georgia.
   Director, Navy Department of Library, Washington Navy Yard, Washington, Distric of Columbia.
   World War II Project, The Aurora Historical Society, Aurora, Ohio.

Darrell Egner

Bob

As you know I always pay my dues plus some more at the Florida Mini.  As I keep hearing that we will be broke sending out about 1300 Thunderbolts I mailed you a check for $100 today.  Use it to pay my dues and use the rest to help with the Thunderbolt expense.

I noticed in today's Mail Call that the 3rd Quarter Thunderbolt was mailed so I am late again to express my opinion on how to solve this money problem.  I have been fussing about this for over a year with no results unless there is something in the latest issue.  I'll reserve my comments until I read the great paper you put together.  Really don't know how you do it but thanks very much.

See you at the Mini,

Bob

As you are in touch with Leila and Donna on a regular basis please ask them when the Banquet will be held.  I assume it will be Thursday night on January 25.  I printed the application off of Mail Call but this information was not included.

I don't have an E-mail address for Leila and Donna's company blocks all personal messages.

As you know some of my kids always come to the Banquet but I have to give them plenty of notice as they live all over the country and bless them they all work.  I also have to send Leila the $40 per person for their meals.

Bob Christie

 Darrell, It should be Wednesday night. That is when we usually have it. I haven't been able to get in contact with you for quite a while. Hope this goes thru. Bob  It didn't go through!
Ben, I haven't been able to contact Darrell for quite a while and since I don't know his phone number and Chris Lindner is off line, could you try for me? Bob

Boom Boom Alicki
Anybody want a construction job with Florida Power?

Click here: A MUST SEE