From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:10 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1200 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 4, 2006

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset,  MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

The best way to make reservations for the 3007 reunion is to call the Doubletree Hotel Crystal City directly at 703 416 4100 or free reservation number 1 866-999-VIEW. Information about tours will be available later Hotel rooms in Washington fill up early, We have a block of 130 rooms reserved. Early registration will help us to know if we need reserve more rooms

Ben

Website                                  www.517prct.org

Reunions              Kissimmee, FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Recent website additions:
Photo of C Company 1st Platoon, Squad 2
Photos of Gene Markle and the 596th PCEC
200+ photos of Joe Broudy and A Company

John and Dotti Pastalenic
Hi Ben-
Would you please pass on our deepest sympathy to Howard and his
family in the passing of his wife, Jan.

Although I've not met Howard personally, we've spoken by phone
and feel we know and appreciate him through his messages to
517th website.  Thanks for your good work.

John and Dottie Pastalenic

Dan  Curtis

Ben,
I was so touched by the beautiful picture of Aunt Adrianna and Uncle Floyd. Thank you to those folks who shared it with us. It was a true expression of these two wonderful people. What a great example of two people who really cared for one another and those they call friends. We are all truly blessed for knowing both of them.
Thanks Dan Curtis

Dan Curtis

I do remember seeing it. God Bless you Ben and yours for all you do for this outfit of brave men and families. Your communications have truly touched me and are very important to my MOM! You and all the guys are in my daily prayers for continued good health and blessings on the memories of those valiant men that have gone before us. It truly breaks my heart to see notice of all those who have passed so recently. It seems to be so frequent. Please know that there are people out here that value their freedoms and the sacrifices you all made to provide my family and I a country and way of life we enjoy everyday.! Thank you for being kind enough to send the picture my eleven year old truly is proud of Danny, Floyd and the 517th!
Thanks again Dan

Bob Barrett

Nate,

Rev. Marvin L. Miller, HQ Co., 1st Battalion is on the current roster, and, I think, gets the MailCalls that my Dad sends out.  I know that my Dad, Ben Barrett, has had some contact with Sgt. Marvin Miller in the past.

http://517prct.org/documents/xmas1944/xmas_1944_hq_co_1st_1.jpg

Here are some photos of HQ/1:  http://517prct.org/photos/bud_curtis2/bud_curtis2.htm

And here is the current active roster by Company:  http://517prct.org/roster_by_co.pdf      You can see that there are a lot of members of HQ/1 who are still active and attend reunions, including Col. "Wild Bill" Boyle .  Tell Marvin to get to the next one in DC in June -- It should be one of the biggest and best.

I am more than willing to let you add that same material to the 517 PRCT web page.

Regards,

Bob Barrett