From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 7:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1201 517TH PRCT-OCTOBER 6, 2006

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Click on REVEILLE

 Hello,

The best way to make reservations for the 3007 reunion is to call the Doubletree Hotel Crystal City directly at 703 416 4100 or free reservation number 1 866-999-VIEW. Information about tours will be available later Hotel rooms in Washington fill up early, We have a block of 130 rooms reserved. Early registration will help us to know if we need reserve more rooms

The Bob and Darrell  saga continues with Chris as a new  participant.

Reunions              Kissimmee, FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

Recent website additions:

    Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiullary and an enrollment form

Lucky Hiers and Billie

Dear Ben:

Thanks to you we, meaning Billie (my wife) and I have already made reservations at the Doubletree Hotel as recommended for June 27th-July 2, 2007.  We surely hope nothing will interfere with our making that trip.  This will be the first reunion that I have known about and have been able to plan for.  I wish we had gotten in touch with the group before the Oregon Reunion because living in Colorado part of the time I may have been able to have made that reunion.  I think I missed it by about a week.

As a side note I was able to join the 82nd Airborne Division Association, Inc. Rocky Mountain Chapter.  Last Saturday evening we attended our first dinner with that group in Denver.  A very enjoyable evening!   It was disappointing to be the only member of the 517th PRCT who was in attendance.  I did get to meet and talk with several men from the WWII 82nd Airborne that the 517th was attached to during the Battle of the Bulge.  We both agreed we had never been any colder than in the Battle of the Bulge with the exception of Tennessee Maneuvers.

Best Regards,
Lucky Hiers and Billie
460th Field Artillery Battalion

Chris Lindner

Hi All:

I know that Darrell expressed my sorrow to Howard for his loss in the passing of Jan.  I wanted to tell Howard that I am very sorry and I think Jan was a wonderful person.

Chris Lindner

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Ben

In souvenir of Floyd Polk, included 2 pictures took in Savannah.

God bless all of you

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Sospel

Chris Lindner

Hi Again:

I wanted to tell Bob Christie that I do not have any problems getting the e-mails he sends to me but when I reply to Bob sometimes it will come back to me from the "mail demon".  I do not know why this happens sometimes.

I have been off line so long because they are re-doing our hardwood floor and they disconnected my computer and I have no idea where it is  (other than it is in the dining room under some plastic).

I have been making several trips back to St. Louis because unfortunately my Mom is having some health issues.

I will be back in San Antonio on Monday and I do not expect to get my computer up and running for about two weeks.  I have a terrible mess with the sanding of the floors and needless to say a ton of cleaning to do when this project is done.

I will all of you well and I will be in touch.

Have a good one.

Chris Lindner
Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

I am not sure if my e-mails are going through to Bob Christie or not so I wanted to say that I have not received a Thunderbolt.

I gave me new address to Tom Reber but I will also post it here for Bob.

Chris Lindner
401 Ivy Lane
San Antonio, TX 78209
Bob Barrett

Found on eBay:   Anyone want an autographed photo of Gen. Zais?  $149

 Barbara Willmart

Ben:
My father is Charles Cook. I think he was assigned to C company 517th during the war.