From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 8:23 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1205 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 13, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Click on REVEILLE

 Hello,

  The best way to make reservations for the 2007 reunion is to call the   Doubletree Hotel Crystal City directly at 703 416 4100 or free reservation number 1 866-999-VIEW. Information about tours will be available later Hotel rooms in Washington fill up early, We have a block of 130 rooms reserved. Early registration will help us to know if we need reserve more rooms. Many have already registered.

Send us you story for Meet the Troopers . It will be on the internet for your great grandchildren to view.

Ben

Web Site

This site is dedicated to all Troopers of the 517th PRCT, their families,   and the brave French and Belgian Resistance Fighters who supported and fought with the 517 PRCT in WWII.

Reunions              Kissimmee, FL       Mini               January 21 - 25
 2007                      Palm Springs, CA  Mini                April
                                Washington, DC    National        June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiullary and an enrollment form

Recent website additions:
biography of Erwin W. Scott, Jr.
Photo of C Company 1st Platoon, Squad 2
Photos of Gene Markle and the 596th PCEC
200+ photos of Joe Broudy and A Company
John Copsey, Fritz Crytzer, I Company

Adrianna Polk

When we visited  Arnold & Mary Jane Hughson several years ago their address was 130 64th St. West, Bradenton, FL.  telephone # at that time was 1-941-794-8188.  Read where Mary Jane passed away.  We visited them when they lived in the home mentioned in Mail Call in North Tonawanda, New York while going to my class reunion in my home town  Canandaigua, New York.

Adrianna Polk
Kim Kilmer

Hi Ben,  All I did was “Google” it and an Encyclopedia website came up with a description of the unit.   At the bottom of the page was a link to your site.  I am so happy I found it.  I received another email from your account from Adrianna Polk and she gave me a telephone number.  I am going to try and call it to see if I can get a hold of Mr. Hughson.  My interest in finding the owner of this bracelet is not only because I found it in my belongings, but also because my son is currently in the US Army and stationed overseas.  He is with the 1st Calvary.   He is now in Kuwait, but leaving for Iraq on Saturday.  His unit is a Helicopter unit and he is a mechanic.  I guess with him being over there, it sparked an interest in finding the soldier who once wore the bracelet that I had found so long ago.    Funny how when I found that bracelet, my son was just a little boy and now he is in the same situation that Mr. Hughson was once in…….I’ll let you know if I get  a hold of Mr. Hughson………Take care and God Bless.  Thanx again, Kim

Kim M. Kilmer

Dennis M. Sura

My father Mike Sura served with Cecil Doty who submitted the pictures of H Company, 3 Platoon, 2nd squad.  I wanted to know if Cecil or someone else is still alive and can identify the people in the picture.  I am looking for Manfred Seeberger who dad mentioned many times along with Dick Huggler who I met and George Monkhouse who most of dad's stories were based.

Dennis M. Sura
General Mills - Michigan
O  248-465-6348
C  248-755-2721

 Bob Cooper

 Last Column...

 For many years Ben Stein has written a biweekly column called "Monday Night At Morton's." (Morton's is a famous chain of Steakhouses known to be frequented by movie stars and famous people from around the globe.) Now, Ben is terminating the column to move on to other things in his life.

Reading his final column is worth a few minutes of your time.

Howard Hensleigh

Note to Walter Smith--You Buckeyes don't just have Badgers to contend with; we Hawkeyes from Iowa are also on your trail.  I know you knocked us off a couple of weeks ago in a game that was close (against the Big NO. One) until the end, but there is the rest of the Big Ten to overcome this season including those guys from Michigan, and then there is always next year.  In my book there is nothing like Big Ten football even for a guy like me who spent 37 years of his life in Massachusetts where "The Game" is between Harvard and Yale. rather than OSU and Michigan.  I love you guys,   Howard Hensleigh
 Boom Boom Alicki

Run your mouse over the page all through it.

Someone sent this to me and I thought it was beautiful enough to share with you........hope you like it as much as I did................
As Time Goes By
http://susie1114.com/LiveALife.html