From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 7:51 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] MAIL CALL NO.1211 517TH PRCT--OCTOBER 30. 2006

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2

Kissimmee Reunion Banquet  Wednesday Jan. 24.

Send Requests for "Paratroopers' Odyssey" to Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10 C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205. Price $22:50

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion     January 21 - 25
 2007                   Palm Springs, CA. Mini                April
                             Washington, DC  National          June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Lou Darden

Ben, just a note to let our friends know that we have been having more health problems. On Sept. 26 I was transported to Oklahoma City by ambulance. Was having chest pain Sun. morning that I could not get to stop. Went to Oklahoma Heart Hospital. Had an angiogram that evening & a new stent placed. The vessel was calcified & they had to clear that before placing the stent.  Then complications kept me in the Hospital Until Fri, Sept. 29th. Had more procedures on the 28th. Then on the 18th of Oct. Jesse suffered a stroke. Took him to ER in McAlester, but he got transported to the same heart hospital the next day. Spent the night in ICU then he got to go in the medi-flight helicopter. Fortunately all of his symptoms got much better. When he is real tired or upset his speech is slurred. But he has regained control of his Right arm & hand and the right leg & foot.  Our plans are subject to change, but it does not look like we will be making the mini in Florida and probably not the reunion in DC.  Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I know that the Lord answered all the prayers that were sent here in McAlester. He can still use the computer and does enjoy getting Mail-Call.  LOUETTA & JESSE DARDEN 460th HQ.
                                               ***********
Lou and Jessie hosted one of our very best reunions in 2003 at Oklahoma City in 2003.-Ben

Kenton Immerfall

I'll jump on the Hawkeye Victory Wagon with Edith Miller and Howard Hensleigh.  I might be living in Badger Country, and cheer for Wisconsin when they DON'T play Iowa, but after growing up in North Central Iowa and having a sister graduate from Iowa U. my colors are Yellow and Black on any game day.

Kenton is the nephew of Floyd A. STOTT, KIA 27Dec1944.

Susan Scherer Clark

This takes a few to download but then, speakers on, a wonderful way to remind people of Veterans Day.  I was taught to remember the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...don't know if that still occurs.  Thank you to all the veterans of every conflict and every day.
Susan Scherer Clark

A Pittance of Time - Video

Tom Cross

Ben:
    The web sites would be of interest to those 517th PRCT Association Members who have had some experience with this aircraft.
Regards, Tom

C-82 FLYING BOXCAR IS HOME IN HAGERSTOWN!

The last flying Fairchild C-82 made its last landing at the Hagerstown Regional Airport, Sunday, October 15, 2006 in front of hundreds of former Fairchild Aircraft workers, their families, friends and supporters who helped "bring home the boxcar".   Seeing this unique aircraft fly one last time and hearing the sound of its radial engines was a very emotional experience for many who had worked on the C-82 Flying Boxcar over sixty years ago and for those who contributed to purchase the Boxcar.