From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:48 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1212 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 1, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2

Kissimmee Reunion Banquet  Wednesday Jan. 24.

Send Requests for "Paratroopers' Odyssey" to Bob Christie.  390 301 Blvd. W. Unit 10 C, Bradenton, Fl. 34205. Price $22:50

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion     January 21 - 25
 2007                   Palm Springs, CA. Mini                April
                             Washington, DC  National          June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Bill Christian

Ben finally reached a point where I can give some information re: West Coast Reunion, Lud Gibbons and I had a chance to see the rehab construction at the Ramada, you may remember the owners were changing from Ramada to Holiday. Place looks like a bomb had a direct hit and neither my long time contact or I feel they will finish on Feb 15.so to help a contact was made with the Quality Inn a few blocks away,in fact I'm sure most people know of this Inn and have eaten at Carrows on the property.  We will probably eat there often since the coffee shop at the Ramada is gone. I will list some information to give a heads up to prospective guests.  Dates are April 15 thru 19th...Rates are 84$ pl tax {group rate during high season in PS.} Mention 517 when calling...Request type of bed preference.  I have requested a hold on a number of rooms on the first floor ,close to 2 adjoining rooms for Hospitality and adjacent to the pool and a grassy seating area.  Since there are no elevators we are working on getting as many rooms near Hospitality and suggest you leave the lower level {only two levels} to those with ambulatory problems I believe we have solved the banquet and bar-b-que situation, Tony catering service {same for years} will do the bbq on the grounds and will cater the banquet and dance at the local Country Club overlooking the golf course 9 minutes from the Inn.  Lud and I have been impressed with cooperation of the manager ,beautiful grounds and well known location, I hope this gives a bit of information and I will have a final notice for publication shortly. Write, E mail or call if you have any questions  Bill Christian  ..714 838 0613  bigzebra@sbcglobal.net
Jim and June Royer

Ben,  So very sorry to hear of Lou and Jess' health setbacks.  We will
certainly keep them in our prayer here and at our Church.  We will
certainly miss them at our reunions. We will never forget that wonderful
reunion in Oklahoma City. It ranks up there with the best.
                                    Jim & June Royer
Bob Dalrymple

Ben, For Lou and Jesse . Our blessed Lord be with in your times of distress . My prayers are with you . Bob Dalrymple
Lucky and Billie Hiers

Dear Family (and Friends):

Some of you are going to find it very hard to believe, but our car is almost packed to leave here.  Hopefully we will be at Mother's place in Lexington KY on Saturday (evening?).  We have begun to wonder ourselves if this was really going to happen.  Our summer in Summit Cy. lasted longer than we thought it would!!!!   We've had one 8" snowfall when we got up one AM (trees were beautifully white).  Our pansies survived (amazing).  Last week we had a big snow (2 ft.) and the schools closed for a snow day for the first time in 5 years!   DOT knows how to keep the roads clear, but this came quickly without much notice.

This is my last session on the computer until we get to Florida ... SO PLEASE, PLZ, DON'T SEND ANY OF YOUR WONDERFUL FWDS. TO US UNTIL AFTER WE GET THERE TO FL (THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING).

The Holiday season is upon us and we hope that you have family and/or friends gathered around the table for Thanksgiving.  There is so much we have to be grateful for.  Family...friends...salvation in Christ...food, warmth, a roof over our heads...and the list goes on and on.  We trust you will have a wonderful wonderful day.

We probably will be as bad this year as we have been for too many years running ... about not sending out Christmas greetings and happy, blessed holiday prayers - wishes - AND CARDS.  I love to send them, and my closet is full of cards purchased each year.  But ... you have my/our apology.

The following message is one we just received and it seemed appropriate to send it to you now.   Christmas is a very sacred holiday when we remember and celebrate the gift our Father God sent His son, Jesus, to us.  The following is someone's wonderful description about the way they view Jesus coming to take us to share eternity with Him.   We trust your faith is in the sacrifice that Jesus made for each of us.   We have a friend, whose obituary was in today's paper.  She was very much at peace knowing that her earthly life would soon be over.

May God's peace be with you.
Lucky and Billie

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

"A Pittance of Time" was really worth listening to. Thank you to Susan Clark.

Chris Lindner

Dan Smith

. Gene /Ben,

           I am interested in a trip to So. France in August. Can the extent of  517th interest be determined by a Ben  Mail Call to all members, like a Walter Winchell's message to everybody, "all ships at sea etc ".  I just took my first Senior Net computer class   but would be willing to help in recording who is interested in said trip. After seeing the extent of interest, the officers of our organization could determine the type of trip (if any) to fit the interest and select one of the two reenactment organizations available
to make it more memorable.

                                                                                              Dan Smith
 Veterans to Receive Cost-of-Living Adjustment
The President recently signed into law S. 2562, the Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2006. The law provides, effective December 1, 2006, a 3.3 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) to the rates of disability compensation for veterans with service-connected disabilities and the rates of dependency and indemnity compensation paid to the survivors of certain service-disabled veterans.  The COLA is based on the rise in the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) and is equal to the COLA applied to Social Security Benefits.
Lyle Madison

Hello Ben:       Thought you might want to run the attached clip a friend had sent me.
                      It's up to you.  Enjoy mail call as all do and is much appreciated.
                      Hope all is well. Thanks.
                                                       Lyle Madison