From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:38 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1215 517TH PRCT--NOVEMBER 9, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2

I try to avoid political and religious issues in Mail Call and for the most part stick to matters pertaining to our war and let historians deal with what is right and wrong with present conflicts.

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion     January 21 - 25
 2007                   Palm Springs, CA. Mini                April
                             Washington, DC  National          June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Claire Giblin

Hi, Ben -

I just read the latest Mail Call and I had a question for Tom Reber: why so many addresses now off the lists?  Is this updating, duplicates, or the march of time?

Gene Frice wrote that we need everyone to reserve rooms for the DC reunion, and he is absolutely right!  Reservations can be made now, and canceled if necessary.  However, we all need to be blocking out these calendar dates.  We are looking forward to working with our Event Coordinator at Armed Forces Reunions, and to seeing everyone in our nation's capital.  The organizers (myself, Dad (aka Allan Johnson 596), Leo Dean, and of course, our own Ben Barrett) are all looking forward to hosting and entertaining in this wonderful setting.

Claire, Allan, Leo and Ben all look forward to welcoming you.

Claire Giblin

Dan Curtis

Ben,
I have never met Howard but reading this I know that the world needs more families like this one. To Howard and his family the best of luck and continued recoup. I will pray for Jan but know she is watching over her loving children and husband and should be proud of all of them.
Dan Curtis

Bob Dalrymple

Dear Ben. For Howard. Thank you , Howard. I never met Jan, but she, obviously, was super. I applaud your decision to "Go West" , but I hope you can make DC . IN A/BBL, Bob Dalrymple ,596 Engrs

Walt Smith

 Dear Ben; A fine article in the # 1214 MAIL CALL by our president, Gene Frce.  I have read many emails with some of his message information plus other sources that enumerate the many attacks on American installations world wide by the Islamic extremists. His, however, is a very cohesive and thorough collection which I have been vaguely aware of but never collected.  Gene's treatise on the Islamic Extremists will be on your website for all to read.  Let's hope that the world will read  'President Message-Does America Really "Get it?" by Gene Frice!
 Walter W Smith HQ 1st

Jim Royer

                                       Jim Royer

Gene Brissey

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Howard:  How can Florida get along without you?  The fact that you would probably be at the Florida mini was tempting enticement to figure a way to juggle the trial calendar and accompany Dad to it.  (We are so thrilled he is coming to Florida).  We thank the Good Lord that you have recovered from your illness and that you and Jan raised such fabulous kids.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
LORY CURTIS

Ben,

Tomorrow, Nov 10th is the Marine Corps Birthday and Saturday is Veteran's Day.  Today at work during lunch time I will be hosting my Marine Corps Birthday and Veteran's celebration that I do every year to honor Marines and all veterans.  I will read the President's veteran's message, then the Marine Corps Birthday message from the Commandant, then play the Marine Hymn and other service's songs.  I have the traditional birthday cake and will cut it with the first piece goes to our honor guest.  This year a Marine veteran of World War II.  Then the next piece goes to the oldest Marine, then the youngest Marine.  I will personally thank every veteran who attends, and thank them for their service to our country.  I feel it is a way I can honor you and my friends.  Especially those who did not make it back.  We must never forget them.

At this time I want to personally thank every member of the 517th PRCT, and say thank you for making the world free; and a place where I could grow up without fear.  It is because of your sacrifice that I enjoy these freedoms today.  I will always remember what you did for me and America.
SEMPER FIDELIS! and Happy Veteran's Day.

Lory V. Curtis, USMC 1967 to 1977, USA 1977 to 1994
son of Bud Curtis, HQ 1st BN
P.S. Take time to thank a veteran

 Boom Boom Alicki

Veteran’s Day is a time we set aside to remember, to honor and to pay respect to our nation's uniformed Patriots – American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coastguardsmen – who have, and continue to stand in harm's way that we might live in peace.

"[L]et us solemnly remember the sacrifices of all those who fought so valiantly, on the seas, in the air, and on foreign shores, to preserve our heritage of freedom, and let us re-consecrate ourselves to the task of promoting an enduring peace so that their efforts shall not have been in vain." –Dwight D. Eisenhower

It is with eternal gratitude that we remember those who have paid the ultimate price in service to our nation. We encourage all our readers to remember those Patriots and their families, and to pray daily for those who continue to serve today.