From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:54 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1224 517TH PRCT-NOVEMBER 26, 2006

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2

.
Denney Sura was not able to received the last Mail Call because of restriction placed on email by his provider, General Mills.
How the hell are you going to quote Bill Mauldin and Patton without a few mundane words. Over sixty years ago we were involved in a skirmish over in Europe in which the King's English was not always appropriate.
I'll inform Dennis that he can always read Mail Calls on  www.517prct.org/archives without big brother (General Mills) keeping him pure.

Mail Call                                  mailcall@517prct.org.

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20
                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Howard Hensleigh

Dear Ben:  Thanks for the Mauldin squib on dear old Georgie Patton.  A number of Fleet Landing residents knew him and his kids.  One lady reported that one daughter could swear for fifteen minutes without drawing a deep breath.  We troopers owe Georgie one, or two, for rescuing those screaming eagles at Bastogne (like Montgomery did not do at the bridge which wasn't really too far) and for moving so fast that he crossed the Rhine at Worms on un-blown bridges. That meant we did not have to drop on the other side to give him a bridgehead.

I always knew Bill was an excellent cartoonist that caught the irony of the front line soldier, but I did not know the prose flowed from his pen as articulately as is evident here.

When better emails are posted, the Barretts with do it.  HH

Mailer-Daemon

The message "MAIL CALL NO.1223   517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 24, 2006" sent to "Denny.Sura@genmills.com" violates General Mills profanity policy!