From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:52 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1234 517TH PRCT-DECEMBER 12, 2006
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2

I will be in California and Nevada December 15-30 . I will be able to receive  mail but not sure if I can send Mail Call on another computer because of large address book. I will include Battle of The Bulge news and photos in next few Mail Calls.

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20
                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Bob Barrett

It seems like people are looking to the on-line link for the article as printed in the Cohasset Mariner.  That article is no longer on their web site.  But the article is reprinted on our 517th web site at:

Bob
Dick Seitz

Ben, a big well done to you on the Mary Jane Hanron story.  Very well done and a great tribute to you and the troopers of the 517th.  With continued respect and admiration for all you do for the 517th.  Airborne all the way.  Dick Seitz
Howard Hensleigh
Ben:  Just a note to let you know I made it in one piece to Petaluma CA.  It was toch and go but all worked out.  A smart granddaughter got me on line on her computer.  Love to them Buzzards,  Howard Hensleigh
Claire Giblin

hey Ben  -

You're up way too late - I see that Mail Call is stamped after 10:30 pm.
You just partying down up there in Cohasset?

LOVE the article!  You were smart to insist on the website emphasis - it
was a great piece and the author did a great job on it.

We've started to review tour options for Washington, DC, and should have
more information shortly.  Tour prices will not become available until
January, but please book reservations now, using the contact information
on the website!  Reservations can be canceled if necessary, but we need to
book rooms as soon as possible.  The next six months will fly, spring and
summer will come to Washington, and we're looking forward to a great
reunion.

Plan on joining us in your nation's capital.  The WWII memorial is YOUR
memorial, and you should see it with your family members.

Claire Giblin

PS just to Ben - And Ben, don't think that you can shirk your duties for a
full two weeks.  I certainly don't buy this lame excuse of yours that you
need a vacation.

Love to you and my dear Miss Fran
David
From: "fouan.david" <fouan.david@wanadoo.fr>
Hello There

Just to know if you received the 4 pics "Then & now" I sent you regarding "Bataille du col de Braus anniversary in addition to Alain Fine
small report.

Let me know Thank you

David
David,

Yes, I did receive the 4 photos.  Unfortunately, I have been traveling for work, and I am unable to post them to our website until I return home next week.  I will let you know when I post them.

Thank you,

Bob Barrett
Ed Henzil

Hi. Our new email address is ehenzl@tampabay.rr.com.

Happy Holidays with good health and good luck for the future years.

Ed and Lois

Mike Irwin
Ben, can you ask some of the troopers if they remember my father Walter Irwin. I have seen a lot of information on e-mails concerning fathers husbands and friends, and was wondering if anyone remembers my dad, and any interesting stories about him… Good or Bad

Thank You In Advance
 Mike Irwin
Design Engineering
VC Summer Nuclear Station

Lt. Walter Irwin, the S-2 of 2nd 517, Huertgen Forest, 1944.
Bob Barrett

Here is one of the 596th photos from Jim Moses via Steve Markle, currently posted on the site

This is Bill Christian of Brooklyn in Follonica Italy:

+Bill