From: ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:55 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1237 517TH PRCT-12-23-06
 Hello,

Howard Hensleigh has pneumonia but is feeling better now.  I hope to visit him in a few days.

Last mail call went out with all of the addresses, sorry about that, I'm not on my home computer.

I have the DVD of the Battle of the Bulge that was on the history channel.  It is worth the price just to see Mel Biddle.

Merry Christmas,

Dick Seitz

Ben, Bob and all the great Americans 517th troopers and you family.  My best wishes for a Blessed Christmas and a New Year that fulfills all the wishes you have for it.  Once again I want to thank all you great troopers for you service to our country.  You can all feel very proud that you were the finest men to ever pull on a pair of jump boots and important members of the best airborne outfit in the army.  On a personal note you are always in the front rank of my respect and admiration and occupy a special place in my memories.  Airborne all the way.
Richard Hammel

Received Mail call 1236 with no problem.   I wish all my buddies , families and friends  MERRY CHRISTMAS  AND
HAPPY NEW YEAR.            RICHARD HAMMEL    CO  E  &  HQ  2
Walt Smith
Bully for you , Ben, the test issue came floating in here in Columbus, Ohio.  It was accompanied with a full compliment of 'targets' id est the addresses for whom it was intended.  Of course this is rare for you but why not?  Some times it may be good for the recipients to see what a list you have!!
   I  also use blind copy but I have not learned how to do it with an entire group as a single shot.
    We wish you well in California.
Walt and Peanie
Robert Kennedy

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all 5l7th, Robert W. Kennedy, Co. F.
Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Ben:  A very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Blessed New Year to you and your family as well as the outstanding men of the 517th and their wonderful families. Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Boom Boom Alicki

Coming in Okay.  Enjoy the Holidays and have a great a coming New Year.

Boom Boom

Rick Sweet

Yes  Hi Ben ,
         I got your mail call loud and clear....thanks. I wanted to let you know that I sent
 Willie Starnes a letter and some pictures of my Dad "Odas Sweet" If you remember Dad died in 1959 when I was four so I am on a journey to find out what I can about him and the 517th. I sure hope that he receives it and answers me.  Another great thing happened....I was looking through the pictures on your website and the one that was taken by life magazine of the 517 in a convoy headed for Saint Vith, I am 99% sure that's my Dad hanging on the side of the truck looking at the camera. What you and your son have done with this site means a lot to me.
                                                                             Thank You
                                                                              Rick Sweet
                                                                              Son of a Battlin Buzzard
Bobbi Jo Spencer

Do you have an email or phone number for Howard? My mother wants to talk to him - she has an old photo of him and my dad that she wants to send to him - also an article that was written by my dad about him for the local Iowa newspaper. Bobbi Jo

PS - drive carefully - we are in the midst of a winter storm here! About everything is closed.

Kenton Immerfall

Hello back at ya, Ben...

I was able to receive your Mail Call email.  Thank you.

This is a difficult time of year for my Mom and the family as we lost Floyd A. Stott in Belgium the 27th, 1944.  May his soul rest in peace.  And may Peace On Earth be the message all human beings will abide by.  Kenton Floyd Immerfall

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:'

I know you are out of town but I got the article and it was WONDERFUL.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND FRAN

CHRIS